Fury upgrades I've done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, do you remember where you bought the Super Stock BZ? I don't want to wait 1-2 months for it to come

I'm pretty sure I got mine at RCMart. Here's a link: http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-53930-super-stock-motor-offroad-p-19969.html?cPath=1560_948

Use within 9:1~11:1 final drive ratio (FDR).

The final drive ratio for an Arrma Fury Mega using the stock 18T pinion is 12.57. It's calculated by using this formula:
(spur gear teeth / pinion gear teeth) * 2.6 = FDR.
So in order to keep the Super Stock BZ within the target FDR you should use a steel 48dp pinion that is no smaller than 21T and no larger than 25T.
If you like genuine Arrma parts, get this 22T pinion: http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310062 It's a pretty safe bet for a SS BZ equipped Fury.
How to choose your gearing?

Gear down:

Larger spur gear and/or a smaller pinion is more efficient (reduced heat generation), has less strain on the teeth, and has a slightly greater “flywheel” effect. Flywheel effect will help carry more speed through corners. It provides greater acceleration and torque but sacrifices top speed.

Gear up:

Smaller spur gear and/or a larger pinion is less efficient (increased heat generation) and has more strain on the teeth. It provides less acceleration and torque but results in a higher top speed. Gear up if the car is spinning out and losing traction.

Last edited:
Do you by any chance have a video of your fury in action you could post? I'm considering buying the sidewinder. Thanks

I don't usually record bashing sessions but I might be able to put something together this weekend.

I brought the Fury to the local skate park. I didn't get any videos. :( I also snapped the left-rear camber adjustment arm landing a particularly impressive jump. The landing was perfectly angled. No body slap or cartwheels. Just a prefect launch and landing. Too bad the arm snapped.

It's been a while since I updated this thread. I've upgraded the stock suspension arms to the new RPM parts. Wow are they beefy!

They were a breeze to install even if I did have to remove far more screws in the rearend than most other vehicls would require to pop out the lower A-arm. ;)

07.07.2018-12.08.png

07.07.2018-12.09.png

Note: I discovered that -1* of front camber can be attained by turning the camber adjustment end of the upper front a-arm all the way in, and then back it out 1-full turn.

Last edited:
Last hop-up on the Fury (for now...)

STRC aluminum shock bodies and caps. I used 1 each of the following STRC part numbers:
I strongly suggest using new o-ring seals when building up these shocks rather than repurpose the o-rings which are already on the stock plastic parts. Get Arrma part number:
I also suggest using something like Associated Green Slime on all the o-rings, plastic o-ring spacer, and shock shaft during build-up.

07.27.2018-07.47.png

07.27.2018-07.49.png

I mounted up a set of JConcepts G-Locs to use for multi-surface bashing:

07.27.2018-07.53.png

07.27.2018-08.03.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back