Fury weirdness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turn4

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Hi guys. The Fury is my (oops, I mean my sons lol) first real RC car. It ran great out of the box. We probably have close to 10 battery cycles on it, and suddenly it has started behaving odd. It will run fine for maybe 2 minutes, and then die. But if you turn the button on the car off and back on, it will run normal again for about 8 to 15 seconds, and then die again. You can continue to do this several times. I don't know how many total times it will do it because we get frustrated and quit.

We have the 6 cell 7.2v battery.

I appreciate any help, especially since we are brand new to the RC world.

Hi guys. The Fury is my (oops, I mean my sons lol) first real RC car. It ran great out of the box. We probably have close to 10 battery cycles on it, and suddenly it has started behaving odd. It will run fine for maybe 2 minutes, and then die. But if you turn the button on the car off and back on, it will run normal again for about 8 to 15 seconds, and then die again. You can continue to do this several times. I don't know how many total times it will do it because we get frustrated and quit.

We have the 6 cell 7.2v battery.

I appreciate any help, especially since we are brand new to the RC world.

I have no Fury's, but my son seem to have 3 of them....:p;)

Two options:
  1. The Esc is set to lipo batteries. It depends which Fury you have (Mega -> physical key, BLS and BLX you have to program this, see the manual). The Lipo cut-off kills the battery.
  2. However, if point 1 is the case, the car should still drive yet quite slow. And the servo (steering) should still work. If that is NOT the case, you have to contact the shop you bought the car from, or Arrma direct (US). Then your Esc might be faulty. This happened to a few others here on the forum

My money is on a bad battery. Time to go Lipo!

That is what Arrma said. They said it sounded like the battery wasn't getting a full charge. We had planned to upgrade anyhow, so I think I'll look into doing that. I know there's plenty of info on here for upgrading batteries and chargers. I'll do some research, unless somebody wants to make a recommendation on this thread :)

I would at least get a better charger (lipo and nimh capable) and then maybe a higher capacity nimh if not quite ready to go lipo. Anyways a better charger will give more info as to the condition of the battery as well as have the option to charge quicker. I personally only got about 10mins or so out of the stock 2000mah after 3 hours charging - not fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back