FuryGuy's Fury Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuryGuy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Last Updated: 7/11/2015 3:39 pm

Current Setup:

• Stock Brushless System
  • Stock Chassis
  • Stock Receiver and Transmitter
  • Pro-line Powerstroke Shocks
  • Pro-line 2715 Split 6 Beadlock Wheels
  • High Speed Gear Setup
  • SAVOX Servo
  • Open Tie Rod End Upgrade
  • Pro-Line 6255-00 Pro 2 Pro-MT Gun Metal Aluminum Caster Blocks
  • Alloy Front Steering Knuckle for Traxxas Slash 2WD 1:10 - Grey
  • Traxxas Slash 2WD Wheel Hub Bearings 5x11x4mm Rubber Shield Sealed
  • FlySky Receiver and Transmitter
Planned Upgrades:
  • Possible HPI Diff Upgrade if problems arise with stock
  • Possible Rear Dog Bone Upgrade to CVD's, if problems arise with stock

Last edited:
Pro-Line Aluminum Front Caster Blocks and Bearing Carrier Upgrade

Here is the write up as promised. I am sure there are other ways of doing this. This is the way I did this mod.
I hope this helps someone.

You will need to make a small notch in the lower suspension arm. This is so the Pro-Line Caster Block will have the correct geometry.

2015-07-11-13.30.06.jpg

I also shaved a bit off of the caster block. I modified both in hopes that I would not weaken one too much.
2015-07-11-13.30.26.jpg

I used a longer screw and a nylon hex nut as a spacer to attach the upper A-arm.

I also cut off 5 mil off of each end of the tie rod so fix the geometry of the bearing carriers. I think 3 mil off of each end would be better.
2015-07-11-13.38.30.jpg

The finished product. I took the Fury for a spin and it did great. Enjoy!
2015-07-11-13.45.52.jpg

Very interesting info!
Thanks for sharing.

Arrma has these blocks also in aluminum red anodized. But their availability is bad. So this is an interesting upgrade.

I personally think more can be get out of the front steering system, if you want to race them.

Low riding the Fury right now for road racing. I removed the Powerstroke shocks and modified the stock shocks by shortening the travel. Sitting nice and low now.

lowfury.jpg

Nice!

I had to raise the body because the wheels run into the body...off road that is ;)

Next upgrade would be springs to connect both front suspension and aft, in order to get even better cornering performance.

Durango has them for their SCT. No idea if it is easy to add to our vehicles.

Nice!

I had to raise the body because the wheels run into the body...off road that is ;)

Next upgrade would be springs to connect both front suspension and aft, in order to get even better cornering performance.

Durango has them for their SCT. No idea if it is easy to add to our vehicles.

I had to cut out more of the rear fender after raising it to the max. I think I will need to do more trimming also.

So, I took another look at the modified JATO shocks I put together last year for the onroad oval track. Initially I didn't think they would fit, but after some minor tweaks, they are in! I still need to test them out on the track with this truck, but the initial test on the street are promising. I still think the tires stink though. Might get some Proline Street Fighters to throw on the bead locks. But, I really want some soft compounds.

s1.jpg
s2.jpg

Those shocks look awesome!

Now find some longer versions for us ;)

I actually shortened the travel on those via some spacers inside the shock. Having said that, I still don't think they would be long enough. :( The Powerstrokes are great though!

Fury? Lowrider? No just sorry but no.

Hehe, just kiddin do what you want.

LOL. I cringe at "low riders" as well. I just lowered it to race the onroad course. Off road suspension does fare very well on the concrete. :)

That good to know, my dad's Raider will probably run from my Fury on the road... Little does he know Fury like pavement Fury favourite food is Raider.

Yes, I plan to eat his car with mine, higher ride hight FTW.

Good stuff! FuryGuy great info on them PL carrier hubs I am going to definitely order them, hopefully they have them in red,and speaking about lowriding Fury I drop mine's for high speed runs so I really appreciate this info! Thank you again FuryGuy. Work in progress!

Attachments

• 1457926554032-1307836226.jpg
    1457926554032-1307836226.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 51
I am selling my Fury. It is listed in the Classifieds section for $200. Need to sell it to step up to the 1/8 Buggy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back