Futaba 3 PV or Futaba 4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriLiam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Guys, I need to buy an other radio for the rig of my son that is actually using a stock (poopy) one... I have a futaba 3p on my kraton and i find it overall fine! I don`t know which one I should take . Maybe I give the 3 p to my son and I will buy a new one... but which one..futaba 4 or an other futaba 3 p?

I find the 3PV to be a good radio, but the menu system stinks. I would look at another model iiwm

Agreed, the 3PV menu is a bit harder to navigate than some of the higher end models. But with that said it does everything I need. Once dialed in I rarely go back and edit settings.
I believe it saves something like 7 models so I have all of my RCs on the one radio.

I've owned the 4PM and the 3PV. 4PM is worth the extra $100 IMO.

I also have a review of the 3PV on my channel, but it's so bad I'm embarrassed to link it... :D Just search for it on YouTube if you really want to watch it.

I have the 3PV, don't like it. the menu is cumbersome, trying to select takes a special kind of talent I don't have. the select function shares the - and + key and I can't select consistently to save my life. user error all the way I know.

When I bought the 3PV I went back and forth between that and the Spektrum DX5 rugged, don't need more than three channels I said, WRONG, I'm putting together an Axial Capra and need five channels right off in the beginning. 1 to turn, 2 to burn, 3 to DIG, 4 to choose between crawler and bash mode & 5 for lights.....do they make a DX10?! I'm ready to pull the trigger on the DX5 rugged right now, will google the snot out of it for a day or so first, of course. I'll probably sell that 3Pv.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back