Futaba 3PV lipo battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinP

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey all!
I've read that it's highly recommended to put a lipo inside the transmitter in stead of the standard AA batteries. However what about the voltage cutoff? Does the 3pv have a setting for that or do you have to watch it on your own?

Hi

The voltage alarm of my T3PV is set at 6.2v because I use a 2s LiFe battery but if I recall correctly you can even chose 6.6v

The difference of LiPo or LiFe batteries instead of the standard AA is huge... I forgot the day I charged them!

Hi

The voltage alarm of my T3PV is set at 6.2v because I use a 2s LiFe battery but if I recall correctly you can even chose 6.6v

The difference of LiPo or LiFe batteries instead of the standard AA is huge... I forgot the day I charged them!
How do you set this? I can't really find it in the manual.

Page 16, in the middle, under the title "Low Battery Alarm (LBA)"
Thanks alot, I just had a quick glance and was looking for the exact words "low voltage cutoff", probably why I couldn't find it. Also, haven't used my 3pv in a while. Was mainly using a Spektrum but it's starting to show some issues. I'll be buying a couple of r304sb receivers and switch them in all of my vehicles.
As you're using the 3pv aswell. Is the r304sb my best bet or is there a better option?

Thanks alot, I just had a quick glance and was looking for the exact words "low voltage cutoff", probably why I couldn't find it. Also, haven't used my 3pv in a while. Was mainly using a Spektrum but it's starting to show some issues. I'll be buying a couple of r304sb receivers and switch them in all of my vehicles.
As you're using the 3pv aswell. Is the r304sb my best bet or is there a better option?
I've always heard a lot of complains from my buddies about Spektrum radios but I never owned one so I can't judge it but compared to the Acoms Technisport 2.4 I own the T3PV seems faster and more precise.

I'm using a R203GF on my Kraton (I don't use telemetry) and some chinese compatible S-FHSS receivers on my other models and I had no issues at all!
The chinese compatible receivers are the AGFRC RFS04C.

I've always heard a lot of complains from my buddies about Spektrum radios but I never owned one so I can't judge it but compared to the Acoms Technisport 2.4 I own the T3PV seems faster and more precise.

I'm using a R203GF on my Kraton (I don't use telemetry) and some chinese compatible S-FHSS receivers on my other models and I had no issues at all!
The chinese compatible receivers are the AGFRC RFS04C.
Will look into those, thanks! What life batteries are you using if I may ask?

I'm using a FullPower LiFe 2S 1450 mAh 35C V2 with JR plug, I had to trim some useless plastics in the battery bay to fit it. I payed it 13€ or 15,50$

You can use wathever brand you like, just doublecheck the dimensions.

Hi,
just for an update I took some photos of the LiFe installed into my T3PV.
It is incredible the difference compared to standard 1.5v batteries!

IMG_20210410_131433.jpg

Hi,

View attachment 138915
I ordered myself a 1450mah 2s life battery from hobbyking last week! Should arrive this week. They're quite cheap IMO!
If I measured everything well, the battery should fit right in without any adjustments.

Hi,

View attachment 138915
My battery just arrived. I had to make the same adjustments like you did though, I think we've got the exact same battery just with a different branding. One more question though.. Do you keep them fully charged all the time or bring them to storage voltage after every use? I'm seeing several posts on the internet saying LiFe batteries are safe to store fully charged, unlike Lipo's.

My battery just arrived. I had to make the same adjustments like you did though, I think we've got the exact same battery just with a different branding. One more question though.. Do you keep them fully charged all the time or bring them to storage voltage after every use? I'm seeing several posts on the internet saying LiFe batteries are safe to store fully charged, unlike Lipo's.
I'm using the battery never fully charged, always with storage voltage so I avoided the problem. I heard too LiFe don't need to be disharged unlike LiPo's do but I prefer to be safe than sorry.

Even with the battery kept in storage I trully don't remember the last time I recharged them!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back