Futaba 3pv or 4pm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinP

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi there,

Using a spektrum dx4c currently and majorly lacking range. So my choice would most be based on the range. Now the Futaba 3PV has got everything I need basically. But the 4PM seems more advanced and has more options but is basically a 100 bucks more expensive. But thinking about the future is there any major difference or something I'm missing out when buying the 3PV in stead of the Futaba 4PM? Is there any major difference in range?

I'm mainly going to use it for speedrunning and 1/8 buggy track racing. I know what the 3pv is capable of seeing as my uncle owns one.

Thanks in advance!

The biggest technical difference that jumps out at me is that the 4PM will do SR/T-FHSS whereas the 3PV will not. The 4PM also has 40 model memory if that matters to you.

The throttle location and throttle and steering tension can be adjusted on the 4PM as well. I didn't see that when looking at the 3PV, maybe I missed it.

3PV has had all the features I have ever needed as well as range.
I think the 4pm has a better display and makes setup a little easier, however its around 2x the price of the 3pv.

Most of the time it just comes down to personal preference.

I am also debating this in my mind.
Decisions, Decisions
Maby flip a coin
20190530_215207.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back