Futaba 4pv receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Talion
Good morning everyone from the sunny uk.... I joke it's raining as always... Here is my question as im a total noob with this.

After looking around for a tactic Receiver as i needed some more radio gear for another car, and it was going to cost me £30-40 just for a tactic one... I decided it was time to take the plunge into aftermarket radios insted of rtr radios.

So my friend sent me a link to a nice second hand futaba 4pv, so i thought sod it I'll buy it.... So i did it came with one receiver but as I'm wanting to put it in all my car's i typed in the receiver number on the one i have but all that seems to come up is a different receiver pictured below will this work with my model, as you can see from the pics there is only one number out
Thanks for any input ??
Cheers
I answered my question it does work tried to delete but couldn't ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-13-08-54-31.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-13-08-54-31.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20191013_085445.jpg
    20191013_085445.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Good morning everyone from the sunny uk.... I joke it's raining as always... Here is my question as im a total noob with this.

After looking around for a tactic Receiver as i needed some more radio gear for another car, and it was going to cost me £30-40 just for a tactic one... I decided it was time to take the plunge into aftermarket radios insted of rtr radios.

So my friend sent me a link to a nice second hand futaba 4pv, so i thought sod it I'll buy it.... So i did it came with one receiver but as I'm wanting to put it in all my car's i typed in the receiver number on the one i have but all that seems to come up is a different receiver pictured below will this work with my model, as you can see from the pics there is only one number out
Thanks for any input ??
Cheers
I answered my question it does work tried to delete but couldn't ?
I just bought two of these for my 3PV radio. I haven’t yet installed them due to other maintenance issues and waiting on parts. They should work with your radio just fine. My only bit of caution would be range since they have an internal antenna. They also don’t seem to give a range rating either, like they do for the non-“E” model.

One last note, the “E” version will not work for nitro models, so if that applies to you, then get the non-“E” version.

As the 4PV is a T-Fhss transmitter both the receivers would be compatible
they have a range of around 70m or 230ft View attachment 50735
I posted up as i "thought" I'd checked the Manuel but.... Turns out i didn't (i was hungover at the time) and found the right ones ?
I just bought two of these for my 3PV radio. I haven’t yet installed them due to other maintenance issues and waiting on parts. They should work with your radio just fine. My only bit of caution would be range since they have an internal antenna. They also don’t seem to give a range rating either, like they do for the non-“E” model.

One last note, the “E” version will not work for nitro models, so if that applies to you, then get the non-“E” version.
Nar i only own arrmas I'm just a basher so range shouldn't be a massive issue if i do speed runs which i plan to do later next year I'll get the antenna one ??? thanks for the help ? honestly loving this radio already and haven't even put it in a car yet

I was less impressed with the 3PV but I will give it time. I assumed it would have a better UI on the screen. It takes too many button presses to get thru the options. Wish there was an update or something to improve it.

Well there are alot of buttons on the 4pv but does yours have a port so you can update the software? I believe mine does where the antenna flips up there is a rubber seal with a sd port for software updates i think? Still watching YouTube and getting to grips with everything

I was less impressed with the 3PV but I will give it time. I assumed it would have a better UI on the screen. It takes too many button presses to get thru the options. Wish there was an update or something to improve it.

I agree, navigating the menus could be streamlined. Once it has be setup for each model I’m happy with it, it’s easy to switch between models and the response is great. But the menu navigation could definitely be improved.
Maybe the 4pv or new 4pm has better menu navigation.

You can hold down a button to go back to the beginning. That's the only shortcut there is.

You can hold down a button to go back to the beginning. That's the only shortcut there is.
Yep I found that one. Just wish it would cycle thru the options as fast as I can push the button at the least. Or hold it and at some point it goes faster. Or less top level menu items and more nested. Idk it just isn’t very good. Good news is once I have it dialed in I won’t really need the menu often.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back