Futaba 7PX 10PX temperature sensor reading Celsius and F

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hi
just got my 10PX and when I set up the telemetry units to imperial. When I set the upper screen to "panel 1" it reads the peak and current temperature in Fahrenheit. However, if I use panel 2, 3 or 4 it reads current temp in Celsius but peak temp in Fahrenheit. Any ideas??

No idea. But, if it's of any help, temp sensor doesn't work on the MMX8S and XLX2.
1664070116084.png

a little disappointed since one of the reasons that bought the 10PX was for telemetry and the I have to use a Futaba sensor for the motor and Castle ESC temp is totally inaccurate and those are the only values that are of any signifi
cance. I did ask Castle about it last week and they still had no idea why it wasn't working correctly.
what about "rotation"? on my transmitter max is 32767?

a little disappointed since one of the reasons that bought the 10PX was for telemetry and the I have to use a Futaba sensor for the motor and Castle ESC temp is totally inaccurate and those are the only values that are of any signifi
cance. I did ask Castle about it last week and they still had no idea why it wasn't working correctly.
what about "rotation"? on my transmitter max is 32767?
Ignore that. Just set "pole" to 4 in setting and ratio to 1.00 and you should see realistic numbers. I wondered the same thing when I first set mine up. Now, this is just speculation on my part, but I think this might be RPM/pole as I've seen RPM numbers well beyond 32767. Just remember to restart your transmitter after you change any values in telemetry setting as I think they don't take hold until you do.

As for the temp sensors, it is what it is. At least they're not hiding that it doesn't work so customer's know what they're getting and not getting. Is it annoying that it doesn't work properly? Yes. But in terms of the XLX2, I've neither experienced thermal shutdown nor have I ever heard of or seen anyone hit thermal shutdown so temperature isn't something I'm worried about when it comes to the ESC. The Futaba temp sensor for the motor works excellent. The only other data point that I find of interest is battery voltage. The rest is really just fluff. While I agree I wish that it worked better than it does, I try to keep it in perspective. I would be using the XLX2 regardless of whether it had Castle telemetry or not. It's in a class of one when it comes to speed running so I just see it as a visual novelty. I never look at my transmitter when I'm driving so while it may be there, it's kind of not if you take my meaning. The motor temperature is the only data point that I actually care about to know if I need to turn on my fans or not.

Let me know if current displays correctly for you. Mine just constantly bounces from 1-230A even if the car isn't moving. I wouldn't mind if that one worked, but I don't really care that it doesn't either.

current seems a little erratic. Mine reads 0-11 A when the car is stationary and maxed out at 252A 25% throttle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back