Futaba 7PXR.. should I or shouldn't I ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I've always wanted a 7PX and now they've released the 7PXR..!!
https://www.rc.futaba.co.jp/english/radio/7pxr.html

My LHS is telling me 18 July, I'm really not sure if I should drop all that money on radio..??
Usage would be speed runs and bashing, no racing or serious RC'ing ?

Currently running a DX5c, Futaba T3PM and lastly the trusty goto Tactic TTX ? if I sold all of them that may pay for half of the 7PXR ??

Man that radio looks luxurious! Can you imagine the smile it will put on your face each time you pick it up and enjoy how well it works and feels? I'd say yes, go for it!

Just about to hit the buy it now button on this setup was looking at it not so long ago as I want real time Telemetry for rpm, temps etc but has the dual esc functions and many other features I could use out the box over the current setups I have. Range seems to be tested over 1000 feet with still rapid response.

@Turbobrick ... don't mind me asking how much is it round your way..?
I've still not got one yet as it's still not in stock, yet another thing that's delayed..?

It's 629 euro from Tps with a 2-3day shipping

I'm still pondering buying one, and since I first posted this thread I've since bought an Outcast 8s and a GoPro ????
I just keep putting off the 7PXR..?

I have the 7px and love it! I’d say buy it.

Thanks. So are you using any telemetry with it? If so did you add sensors or added without?
I'm still pondering buying one,

I’ve just started:ROFLMAO: I keep thinking I’m good with the DX5R, then I watch a video or something for the 7, and I just want one?‍♂️

Last edited:
I have a 7PXR myself and I genuinely like the way it feels in my hand. I paired it with an HPS-CB500 servo and in SR mode the speed of the steering is borderline retarded.
Depending on your application telemetry might be a novel addition but from my own experience doing speed runs, my eyes are glued to one thing only...and its not my transmitter. Not even for a moment. I don't see a reason to sacrifice SR mode for the ability to look at telemetry data I can analyze far more comfortably and comprehensively from the telemetry logs of my MM8XS, not just min or max values reached during a run.
But that's just my $0.02. Your mileage may vary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back