Futaba / castle 1717 / MMX8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MMX8s comes with a coupon in the box for a free castle link or a programming card for $10. So if you have a pc all you need is the free castle link.
I ordered mine... it, like everything else is on back order lol. Soon as it comes I’ll be turning up my bec and probably swapping in my powerhobby 729 servo in there for some more power. Those belted trenchers are a beast.

Just finished the manual. I will also need the programmer :( BUT amain had it in stock so I purchased it. Yes, I know the coupon code will be part of the mmx8s but I figured it would be better to have the programmer before/at the same time the escs get delivered (y)

I’m just running 6V BEC because I don’t need any more servo speed since I turn my expo down to 30% during a pass.

Good evening everyone.

I am having issues with my new setup....

I have the futaba 3pV and Mmx8s with the new sensored 1717..

My issue is when I program everything and then go to drive it, I have 1/2 power in forward and full power in reverse. I can’t figure out how to manually program this. Do I have to get the castle link or is there some work around? I’ve looked through the instructions and I just can’t figure it out.
I had the same issue, reverse the motor power in castle link settings.

Good evening everyone.

I am having issues with my new setup....

I have the futaba 3pV and Mmx8s with the new sensored 1717..

My issue is when I program everything and then go to drive it, I have 1/2 power in forward and full power in reverse. I can’t figure out how to manually program this. Do I have to get the castle link or is there some work around? I’ve looked through the instructions and I just can’t figure it out.
You're programed in reverse. Go to the channel reverse menu, futaba requires the throttle channel to be in reverse (ch 2). Go back and recalibrate the esc as per Castle's directions, should be set. ?

I have a 4PV and a futaba will do this on most esc's if the throttle is not set properly.

I still had issues with my MMX8S/1717 combo setup today with my 3PV. It still had way more power in reverse than forward, even tho it was going in the right direction. And the slightest reverse input responded with 100% reverse output.

In the end, transmitter with CH2 REV and then Castle settings motor direction reverse as well, then calibrate and it seems to work well now. Since it’s sensored I can’t just swap wires.

I still had issues with my MMX8S/1717 combo setup today with my 3PV. It still had way more power in reverse than forward, even tho it was going in the right direction. And the slightest reverse input responded with 100% reverse output.

In the end, transmitter with CH2 REV and then Castle settings motor direction reverse as well, then calibrate and it seems to work well now. Since it’s sensored I can’t just swap wires.
Same exact head scratcher I had. I thought I had posted about it somewhere and posted how I figured it out, same as you ???? Glad you got it figured out bud.

Yeah set Futaba radio to reverse throttle and then if the car is still going backwards swap 2 of the motor wires and you should be golden :stig:.
These castle setup’s are sensored. So the ABC must be to the corresponding ABC. No switching these on a sensored system. With these you have to set the remote to reverse then the esc to reverse manually or with a programmer.

Yeah set Futaba radio to reverse throttle and then if the car is still going backwards swap 2 of the motor wires and you should be golden :stig:.
These castle setup’s are sensored. So the ABC must be to the corresponding ABC. No switching these on a sensored system. With these you have to set the remote to reverse then the esc to reverse manually or with a programmer.
Yep you have to reverse a sensored motor in settings. They must have ABC wire integrity. Weird thing is both set to normal is reverse. Both set to reverse is normal.

I have not owned a sensored setup, that is good to know.

Yep you have to reverse a sensored motor in settings. They must have ABC wire integrity. Weird thing is both set to normal is reverse. Both set to reverse is normal.
I thought it was weird too. That’s why it took me so long to figure out. Plus, I got this 3PV second hand and have no instruction booklet. I also had to YouTube the castle beep programming procedure as my program card doesn’t have motor direction ??‍♂️ So it was great fun

I thought it was weird too. That’s why it took me so long to figure out. Plus, I got this 3PV second hand and have no instruction booklet. I also had to YouTube the castle beep programming procedure as my program card doesn’t have motor direction ??‍♂️ So it was great fun
Yeah I have a B Link on all my MMX8S units now so I don’t have to do the dang beeps. I have the B Link inside the radio box, but I keep the wire connector from the ESC to the B Link outside the box so I can grab the data from USB without opening the radio box. ??

Dude thnx, I was over here getting irritated 😤. You helped me out I feel good now😁 you have to do it like this even in a uncensored setup swapping wire won't fix this problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back