Futaba / castle 1717 / MMX8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Good evening everyone.

I am having issues with my new setup....

I have the futaba 3pV and Mmx8s with the new sensored 1717..

My issue is when I program everything and then go to drive it, I have 1/2 power in forward and full power in reverse. I can’t figure out how to manually program this. Do I have to get the castle link or is there some work around? I’ve looked through the instructions and I just can’t figure it out.

Not sure if this will work or not but I think you could swap two motor wires then reverse channel 2 in your radio. Just a thought ?

Or you could probably use the castle link they give you a coupon for with the MMX8s.
I don’t have a pc, I’m a Mac guy so I opted for the b-link. ?

Ordered the link... now I wait... ??‍♂️
You can program the ESC without the USB Link or a program card. Read your Drivers Ed cars for directions to program via beeps.

You can program the ESC without the USB Link or a program card. Read your Drivers Ed cars for directions to program via beeps.
Wow... so after some very confusing stuff...

She’s up and going now. Maybe it’s those big trenchers or maybe I need to gear it up a bit more.. but I was expecting a little more out of this motor. ??‍♂️

I’m running 6S a 16T Pinion with the big ol 3.8 trenchers. (Belted) might switch back to some backflips and a 20T. Temps stayed under 170 degrees. So I think I’ll add a fan, gear up to 20 and give that a try... then maybe I’ll give her a rip on 8S

Just an FYI to anyone using the futaba stuff, if you have your remote reversed like I did to make the car go the right way, you have to treat the throttle opposite for the programming portion. That was VERY confusing.. ??‍♂️.. it over now. Lol

50% power means the radio is backwards. Reverse the channel on the radio. The LED on the ESC should be showing a Green LED when you are giving it gas and a Red LED when giving it brake/reverse. Default settings are 100% forward power, 50% reverse power.

Change the radio channel and reverse the motor in programming. Castle Link, B-Link, or read the manual and use Stick/Manual Programming with your radio.

50% power means the radio is backwards. Reverse the channel on the radio. The LED on the ESC should be showing a Green LED when you are giving it gas and a Red LED when giving it brake/reverse. Default settings are 100% forward power, 50% reverse power.

Change the radio channel and reverse the motor in programming. Castle Link, B-Link, or read the manual and use Stick/Manual Programming with your radio.
Thank you for the reply Robert! I finally did end up figuring everything out. In the end it turns out that radio and esc need to be set reversed for it to work properly. I’ve discovered this is the truth for all the futaba setups I have. ???? I appreciate the reply though, thank you!

I don’t know how I didn’t know this. The whole reason I haven’t bought any castle esc’s is the programming. I have a MAC and do not need any other part of my life controlled by my phone. Thank you for this information, i wonder how many are like me and stay with hw because they never knew this...

I don’t know how I didn’t know this. The whole reason I haven’t bought any castle esc’s is the programming. I have a MAC and do not need any other part of my life controlled by my phone. Thank you for this information, i wonder how many are like me and stay with hw because they never knew this...
I have both the USB link and the B Link so I’ve never needed to program with the beeps. I didn’t know until this question came up and I checked the manual. I figured there had to be a way to get into program mode without a Link or card.

I was one of those people. I’m also one of those people who is glad he got a castle.. lol.

Can’t wait to see the potential of this thing with a real pinion in her ;)
I have both the USB link and the B Link so I’ve never needed to program with the beeps. I didn’t know until this question came up and I checked the manual. I figured there had to be a way to get into program mode without a Link or card.
I appreciate the effort in helping me solve my problem. This right here shows how great this forum is, people taking time out of their days to help other people. (I try and do the same) and I appreciate the help bud? You are the reason I got this figured out and didn’t have to buy a $50 part!

Much appreciated!

What bec voltage are you set at for your mmx8s? I am now guilty of getting 2 and waiting for it in the mail. Right now my hw escs are all set to 7.4v bec and the mmx8s has 7.5v as an option. I also use the 3pv so your trials are now my cautions ? (y)
The bec voltage isn’t a manually programable option..Or at least one I can find. so now I have to order that $50 part anyways ??‍♂️ Lol

now I have to order that $50 part anyways ??‍♂️ Lol
The MMX8s comes with a coupon in the box for a free castle link or a programming card for $10. So if you have a pc all you need is the free castle link.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back