Futaba R404SBS-E receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerditionsFlame

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Kraton 4s
Hi all

Has anyone got any experience with the Futaba R404SBS-E receiver in combo with the Futaba10px? Would it have good range when used in my Kraton 8s EXB? I have already purchased it but not yet installed it.

Lol I hear you brother.. I just read in a few places that it’s for indoor use but I’m not sure if that’s because of it not being waterproof or it’s range.

Hi all

Has anyone got any experience with the Futaba R404SBS-E receiver in combo with the Futaba10px? Would it have good range when used in my Kraton 8s EXB? I have already purchased it but not yet installed it.
It’s because it has a built in antenna, not external. Doesn’t matter what Tx you have those receivers are good for indoor or short track.
Lol I hear you brother.. I just read in a few places that it’s for indoor use but I’m not sure if that’s because of it not being waterproof or it’s range.
Quoted wrong post. :p

Hi all

You shouldnt get the E. The E is specifically for indoor/electric versions because your car isnt going to far from you and the other version is designed with the antenna expose for nitro purposes to ensure you can get more distance when using it. I have one and use it in my Felony. Gonna get another receiver for my Infraction. I debated this too when initially researching to buy. It would help to avoid the whole wire situation entirely but at the cost of range....no brainer.

You shouldnt get the E. The E is specifically for indoor/electric versions because your car isnt going to far from you and the other version is designed with the antenna expose for nitro purposes to ensure you can get more distance when using it. I have one and use it in my Felony. Gonna get another receiver for my Infraction. I debated this too when initially researching to buy. It would help to avoid the whole wire situation entirely but at the cost of range....no brainer.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I’ve installed the E and had it running with no issues and the range is surprisingly very good. I will be installing an upgraded steering system in the kraton 8s which has an aluminium electronics box so I hope this doesn’t have a faraday cage effect on the signal of the antenna less E. I have the Vitavon steering mod which is a push pull system I’ll be installing it in the next few months and I’ll update with pics and verdict.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I’ve installed the E and had it running with no issues and the range is surprisingly very good. I will be installing an upgraded steering system in the kraton 8s which has an aluminium electronics box so I hope this doesn’t have a faraday cage effect on the signal of the antenna less E. I have the Vitavon steering mod which is a push pull system I’ll be installing it in the next few months and I’ll update with pics and verdict.
If its working for you then more power to you, but by all counts it really shouldnt be, lol. I have the wired version and was going to try it also but I spoke with their support team. Its for smaller indoor/carpet applications.
This was their response when I asked about the 2 versions.

Attachments

• 328D18AA-DC9D-452B-9700-B2B720E99F6D.jpeg
    328D18AA-DC9D-452B-9700-B2B720E99F6D.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 66
I’ll probably swap mine out in that case but I swear it’s running without issues.. check out my vids on instagram #TSRGTR77… I don’t want any issues with range. Thanks for the info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back