Futaba receivers and the elements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N4SIR

Retired NYPD full time Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
I'm planning on getting a futaba 4pm or dx5 rugged and i know the spektrum stuff is water resistant. My concern with the futaba receivers is they are not waterproof. I mean I'm not going to drive it in the rain or giant puddles should I be ok? I mean the mojave had that receiver box and i planned on using a Dusty cover.Am i worrying for no reason?

Is this going in your Mojave ? Should not worry as the receiver box is waterproof , NTM , if putting on a chassis cover , even less ( none ) water should even get at it . Heck , I hosed mine down after my muddy run , spraying water with the hose directly onto the Chassis net cover , no water went thru it .

Is this going in your Mojave ? Should not worry as the receiver box is waterproof , NTM , if putting on a chassis cover , even less ( none ) water should even get at it . Heck , I hosed mine down after my muddy run , spraying water with the hose directly onto the Chassis net cover , no water went thru it .
yeah it would be going into the mojave .. i really like the futaba quality over spektrum just worried about receiver durability

Personally if it is in a sealed receiver box then I'd bet it won't be an issue at all. ;)
Not true?, I fried all my electronics from washing with a hose.
I'm planning on getting a futaba 4pm or dx5 rugged and i know the spektrum stuff is water resistant. My concern with the futaba receivers is they are not waterproof. I mean I'm not going to drive it in the rain or giant puddles should I be ok? I mean the mojave had that receiver box and i planned on using a Dusty cover.Am i worrying for no reason?
I used conformal coating on my r304 & r203 futaba receivers. No problem. Just pop the tabs on the side and the boards come right out. The r304 reciever is nice in that the antenna is removable from the board. So if you ever have a whoopsy with the antenna you can replace it. Just don't coat the pairing button, led, or channel leads. Other than that 2 minute job, and fully waterproof.?

Last edited:
Just a heads up. None of these boxes are waterproof.... but you can do your best to seal the side up... open the top and remove wires that slide down the foam part. Remove the foam and fill void with silicone rtv. Press wires back in and add more rtv till just over lid sealing area. Put back together and let sit overnight.. presto waterproof.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back