Futaba servo in a typhon 3s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virginia mud

Reaction score
So I have six of these futaba s3001 servos my stock spectrum servo went out in my typhon 3s blx due to a forgin object impact " a rock" wedged in the steering and now I only get right turns. So can I use this in my car.they where free I'd hate to throw them away

20210216_090600.jpg

Yes, I don't see why you won't be able to. Make sure it's a 180 Degree servo and not a 360-degree servo. You can check by powering it up and making sure it goes left and right, not a full 360 degrees.

Torque seems pretty low - so you might burn them out pretty quickly - it's 3.0 kg-cm at 6V but 2.4 kg-cm at 4.8V.

Also, is your Typhon a V3, if so, you will probably need another servo saver since Futaba servos are (I believe) 25T

OH, yeah. I forgot the v3's are a 23t instead of a 25t
Ayaan...... STOP SENDING THE CANADIAN WEATHER TO YOUR NEIGHBORS DOWN SOUTH!!!!!!

My brother lives in Houston Tx.....hi temp the other day 25, low of 10 F........... to them...... thats once in a lifetime stuff.... we won't get it as bad here in NC..... cmon SPRING !!!!!

Ayaan...... STOP SENDING THE CANADIAN WEATHER TO YOUR NEIGHBORS DOWN SOUTH!!!!!!

My brother lives in Houston Tx.....hi temp the other day 25, low of 10 F........... to them...... thats once in a lifetime stuff.... we won't get it as bad here in NC..... cmon SPRING !!!!!
LMAO. Sorry. we just got 25cm of snow. I think that's around 10 inches.

So I have six of these futaba s3001 servos my stock spectrum servo went out in my typhon 3s blx due to a forgin object impact " a rock" wedged in the steering and now I only get right turns. So can I use this in my car.they where free I'd hate to throw them away

Doubt that will last long at all, or perform very well. Those are airplane servos, very slow AND very weak, see below, not really intended for surface use. Sell them to people for their planes and get a surface servo.

Specs:

S3001– Standard Analog Airplane Servo
Bearing 1BB (01102277-1)
SPEED:
0.28 sec/60°at 4.8V
0.22 sec/60° at 6.0V

TORQUE:
33.3 oz/in at 4.8V
41.6 oz/in at 6.0V

SIZE:
1.6 in x 0.8 in x 1.4 in

WEIGHT:
1.6 oz

Doubt that will last long at all, or perform very well. Those are airplane servos, very slow AND very weak, see below, not really intended for surface use. Sell them to people for their planes and get a surface servo.

Specs:

S3001– Standard Analog Airplane Servo
Bearing 1BB (01102277-1)
SPEED:
0.28 sec/60°at 4.8V
0.22 sec/60° at 6.0V

TORQUE:
33.3 oz/in at 4.8V
41.6 oz/in at 6.0V

SIZE:
1.6 in x 0.8 in x 1.4 in

WEIGHT:
1.6 oz
yeah, after further review...... do yourself a favor and do the above......compare surface application servo to the specs of what you have.....if you know anyone with an RC plane or a local RC plane club, they'd take them off your hands....if you install on your rig, you'll easily see that extremengineer is right - you will be disappointed and it wouldn't take long to regret any effort you put in to install

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back