Typhon FutabaT3PV in the Typhon !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Drove my new Typhon V4 yesterday for the first run , Spektrum radio OK I guess , but some have/had complaints . Since I have a Futaba T3PV that I use in my race rc vehicles , and had an extra receiver , decided to throw it into the Typhon . Gotta say way nicer feel in the hand , seems like it responds faster to the buggy . With it being digital readouts , you can see what you are setting parameters to exactly . Don't know the range , but Futaba is said to be very good .
For a $129 radio , this is an excellent choice for doing an upgrade , NTM , as said , I have this in 4 of my rc's now , receivers are only about $35 !!!!! I def plan on buying more Arrma vehicles , now that I have done this , every one I buy , the rtr radios will be coming out and this be going in .
The receiver is a little larger than the Spektrum , so it could not be mounted on the slide up/removable plate that was in there , so had to double tape it to the bottom of the receiver box for the lid cover to fit on .
Took it for a test run in my backyard even with the broken arms !!!! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 46
I put the same futaba in my Senton a week ago. Also use it for the Tekno. I agree with it being much better control. Really wakes it up the arrma. I just started playing with exp settings on throttle/brake and steering. Its super helpful on the track. The controller has made me a much better driver overall.

I put the same futaba in my Senton a week ago. Also use it for the Tekno. I agree with it being much better control. Really wakes it up the arrma. I just started playing with exp settings on throttle/brake and steering. Its super helpful on the track. The controller has made me a much better driver overall.
Cool !!!!! I wanted a Senton to , piece of me wants to wait to see what they come out with next , but wouldn't bother me to pick up a V3 Senton right now !!!! LOL Love the SC look , handling characteristics !!!

I'm going to install a Futaba radio in my Typhon 6S as well. I am a factory sponsored Futaba pilot and holding the Spektrum transmitter causes my fingers to get singed. ??

I am planning on trying the 4GRS. I have an older 4PM here from boat racing, but having flown airplanes for so long I prefer the 2-stick format.

@3x9rtse I actually went with a Futaba 4PLS in the end.

FYI I noticed you had put your RX in the standard Arrma receiver box, ...I did the same thing but wondered if you'd noticed that it actually has an aerial holder? Just drill a small hole in the side for your wire and then thread the antenna into an aerial tube.
Mine below. ;)
118.JPG

I did , exactly as you did ,I just didn't show a picture of it . I ran the wire out the same slot as the servo/esc wires go thru .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back