Kraton Future Kraton Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rag6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
Hi all. Short story...been in off road for many years. Have had abut 25 rc builds in my life. 3 guys I bash with at our backyard track and bash park have each picked up a kraton. I've driven all 3 and have to get one.

I will pick one up in about a month as pay comes once a month. I will make this the thread for my Kraton.

In the meantime while im waiting for the truck, here is a video of Sean and Denny's Kraton's ripping it up at The Greenwood Bashplex...

That's an awesome track...good luck w/ your purchase. Just got my Kraton a few weeks ago and I'm in love. I've had a lot of trucks and it's by far my favorite. Just a fantastic platform.

Thanks. I have so much fun there. Anyone near Pittsburgh PA ever wanna run there, send me a pm...

You are going to love the Kraton! Such a BEAST. 4S is fun.....for a while. The extra kick from 6S is where it is at though. All metal gears, and a tough as hell platform makes is actually work on 6S. I've seen a buddy land his revo with the throttle still pulled and he shredded his gears. While I try to let go before landing I know I don't do it all the time, and the gears are fine. He's gone through 3 more differentials in the past 3 months. The breakages I get now, are all my fault. Throw anything off a house enough times and it's going to break.

So I have been reading up on the platform, and have put together my aftermarket parts list:

T bone xv4 ft bumper/rear mudguard arm skid/rear wheelie bar
Proline bad land 3.8 on DE orange dish wheels
Hot Racing ft and rear chassis braces and servo mount
Smc 6700 mah 4s bricks xt90
13t pinion
Avid bearing kit
Outcast battery tray
Not sure on servo yet give me all options please

Are there any other areas of the truck that should be addressed?

Last edited:
Get the aluminum servo mount. Voltage Hobbies sells em on Ebay for 25~. Also, I prefer the look of the RPM front bumper...and it performs well also.

Is the voltage mount better than the hot racing servo mount I've listed above? I'd like to get as many items from tower to use ss coupons

Yes I've already committed to the tbone.

I've updated the original list...

Last edited:
The RPM Bumper looks better than the T-BOne Basher bumpers. BUT it does not look better than the T-bone XV4. IMHO. Here is a picture of min Kraton with the XV4

How far away do the ends of that bumper sit away from the shocks? From the looks in the pictures it seems to be pretty close and leads me to believe that any flex on the sides and it will smack the shock.

KratonXV4Front8_480x480.jpg

As you can see, plenty of room.

What weight oil comes in the 3 diffs from factory, and what weights do you run? I know there is no "right" answer here, but this info will give me an idea what I need for tuning...

Stock 7k front 10k center 5k rear. Only one I have changed is the center to 100k.

Lots of room for the shocks behind the XV4 bumper. Swapping to 100k center does induce wheelies. However, It also increased the acceleration, out of the hole. With the stock diff oils, you exit a turn or launch off the line and the read end sits down, lifting weight off the front end. The diffs act like electricity, sending power down the path of least resistance. so now the front wheels are spinning like crazy, but barely touching the ground, and the rear are getting less power because it has all gone to the front. By using thicker fluid in the center diff, you retain more power to the rear wheels under heavy acceleration.

Did you do that to induce wheelies?
Nope, trying to keep the front tires from ballooning so much and put the power to the wheels evenly. Works great for me. If I want wheelies I'll run 6s, wheelies on demand then........lol, but I only run 4s so I don't break things from being trigger happy.

Nope, trying to keep the front tires from ballooning so much and put the power to the wheels evenly. Works great for me. If I want wheelies I'll run 6s, wheelies on demand then........lol, but I only run 4s so I don't break things from being trigger happy.
This was exactly what I wanted to know. What tires do you run?

Lots of room for the shocks behind the XV4 bumper. Swapping to 100k center does induce wheelies. However, It also increased the acceleration, out of the hole. With the stock diff oils, you exit a turn or launch off the line and the read end sits down, lifting weight off the front end. The diffs act like electricity, sending power down the path of least resistance. so now the front wheels are spinning like crazy, but barely touching the ground, and the rear are getting less power because it has all gone to the front. By using thicker fluid in the center diff, you retain more power to the rear wheels under heavy acceleration.
I do understand how the center diff tuning works... I'm confused how tuning the front and rear diffs affect on and off power steering.

Im running the outcast backflips. Really good tires and cheaper than the badlands.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back