Talion Future upgrade questions -talion v4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
I’m obviously going to upgrade my talion in the future. I need help on what parts to pick and which are best for the price.

chassis- m2c

Chassis brace- what’s the best brand of these for the price

Servo Mount- custom rc upgrades or hot racing

Servo- probably just an Amazon servo with 25kg.

electronics- stock

shocks- are the m2c o ring shock kits worth it if I don’t send it super high?

Springs- rear will stay stock. Front springs feel lazy even when tightenedwhich springs should I buy to go up front?

Hinge pin braces- either m2c or custom rc upgrades.

shock towers- was looking at just bash it 6mm. Are the m2c better?

hubs- hot racing.

bumpers- are they even necessary? If so who makes the best?

droop screws- m2c

Any help would be great.

That's a tall order. Start saving $$$ now, so you will get what you want when you need them.
What I did to my 6s Kraton:
I kept the stock towers. M2C is probably the best fitting. Although I don't have them. I used an extra front ST Top Plate on the rear of my stock chassis to prevent chassis twist at the rear.
I use Avid Domed Ti droop screws on all my 6S rigs. Arrma also makes steel domed droop screws. Cheaper and domed. But not better. The stock droop set screw is garbage and does a number on the chassis droop ears. Chassis gets gouged out. I would do that right away before you cause anymore damage to the chassis.
I use T-Bone Racing bumpers on all my Arrmas. RPM's are cheaper. You use a front RPM bumper at the rear. RPM doesn't make a rear per se. But the front fits rear just fine. Bumpers are important IMO. I would get RPM's, they are less money. I still use the Stock hubs. I think flex is good. The advantage to Alloy hubs is that HR gives you a larger inner bearing that's more durable. The stock inner bearings wear out the fastest of all bearings IMO. I just replace the bearings. They are cheap enough.
I still use the stock Hinge pin mounts. But again M2C is best. The M2C shock kit is a must have. Plush. I use HR F/R braces. I installed a Carbon fiber sleeve over the the stock T2T brace. I used HR servo mounts. Much needed. Replace when you change out the Lame stock servo. 25KG minimum. No lower. Im using an AMZ FanModel 25Kg servo. $33. I have yet to kill any of the 4 I have. There in my crawlers too. A Servo and HR mount should be first on you to do list. The rig will liven up and be better driving it the way it should. I didn't change out my springs at all. I just change the preload and droop to accommodate. I only do moderate jumps. I like jumps, but Im not a 50 foot big air guy at all.
Hope this helps. Others may chime in with their recommendations.
Be safe. :cool:

I’m obviously going to upgrade my talion in the future. I need help on what parts to pick and which are best for the price.

chassis- m2c

Chassis brace- what’s the best brand of these for the price

Servo Mount- custom rc upgrades or hot racing

Servo- probably just an Amazon servo with 25kg.

electronics- stock

shocks- are the m2c o ring shock kits worth it if I don’t send it super high?

Springs- rear will stay stock. Front springs feel lazy even when tightenedwhich springs should I buy to go up front?

Hinge pin braces- either m2c or custom rc upgrades.

shock towers- was looking at just bash it 6mm. Are the m2c better?

hubs- hot racing.

bumpers- are they even necessary? If so who makes the best?

droop screws- m2c

Any help would be great.
I'd go with an Amazon servo, M2C chassis, chassis braces and shock towers. I think the shocks are fine as is. Have fun ???

You think I could get hot racing chassis braces instead? A lot better price wise .
You can. One thing to consider is all the shipping charges. Sometimes I try to get all from the same place as to lower total cost. M2c is excellent all around. HR isn’t in some cases. Just a thought.

You can. One thing to consider is all the shipping charges. Sometimes I try to get all from the same place as to lower total cost. M2c is excellent all around. HR isn’t in some cases. Just a thought.

True. From my own experience hot racing makes quality parts for certain things and other things are just awful. I’ve heard the chassis braces are fine. I plan on buying stuff from amain and m2c.

You think I could get hot racing chassis braces instead? A lot better price wise .

You get what you pay for. Seems like people have bent the HR and GPM ones since they use a much lower quality aluminum than the 7075 aircraft aluminum that m2c and CustomRC/justbashitrc.com uses...

I'm working on similar upgrades for my new Talion... I bought the M2C chassis braces, HR servo mount (the lower quality aluminum seems to be fine for just the mount), sealed fast eddy bearings, the $20 cheapo DS3225 servo, RPM arms (will wait till a stock one breaks), RPM wing mount (will wait for stock to break), RPM front bumper, and RPM rear skid plate.

You definitely should get a front bumper from either RPM or Tbone... I like the look of RPM better and its cheaper than Tbone, but Tbone are lifetime guarantee from breakage - if it ever breaks you send them a picture of what you did and they send a replacement of what broke...

I also got a set of the smaller blackflip LP tires from the Outcast 4s... They're a bit bigger, with deeper thread, than the stock Talion tires. I love them for off road!!!

Today I bought this body and I'm going to have my kids help me paint it... Should be an easy an attractive fit on the Talion...
https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/pre-cut-2020-ram-rebel-1500-clear-body-kraton.asp

Last edited:
You get what you pay for. Seems like people have bent the HR and GPM ones since they use a much lower quality aluminum than the 7075 aircraft aluminum that m2c and CustomRC/justbashitrc.com uses...

I'm working on similar upgrades for my new Talion... I bought the M2C chassis braces, HR servo mount (the lower quality aluminum seems to be fine for just the mount), sealed fast eddy bearings, the $20 cheapo DS3225 servo, RPM arms (will wait till a stock one breaks), RPM wing mount (will wait for stock to break), RPM front bumper, and RPM rear skid plate.

You definitely should get a front bumper from either RPM or Tbone... I like the look of RPM better and its cheaper than Tbone, but Tbone are lifetime guarantee from breakage - if it ever breaks you send them a picture of what you did and they send a replacement of what broke...

I also got a set of the smaller blackflip LP tires from the Outcast 4s... They're a bit bigger, with deeper thread, than the stock Talion tires. I love them for off road!!!

Today I bought this body and I'm going to have my kids help me paint it... Should be an easy an attractive fit on the Talion...
https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/pre-cut-2020-ram-rebel-1500-clear-body-kraton.asp

That body is sick! I’m debating on what my next tires will be. I will probably keep going with the katars I really like them. I also like the look of the rpm bumper more and it’s in stock too. I actually had a 20kg metal amazon servo laying around so the servo is installed now. For the m2c chassis braces don’t you have to drill holes in them or something or are they a drop in upgrade?

Last edited:
That body is sick! I’m debating on what my next tires will be. I will probably keep going with the kayaks I really like them. I also like the look of the rpm bumper more and it’s in stock too. I actually had a 20kg metal amazon servo laying around so the servo is installed now. For the m2c chassis braces don’t you have to drill holes in them or something or are they a drop in upgrade?

They supply beefier screws than stock because of the stock screws tendency to bend from impact. They send the drill bit needed to widen the existing hole.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back