FYI. These pins don't fit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
Just a heads up.
Ordered these to save money and they don't fit the BRCC / BLX axles.
They should fit as the size on the package is exactly the same as Arrma size but they're just a bit too thick.

I was just curious if in fact the specs were wrong. I know on my Kraton some of them were tight to the point I used a hammer and punch to take them out......or they used so much locktite on the grub screw that it seeped into the shaft on a few of them...dunno

Brand new and pins were too thick. No threadlock present. The specs are wrong but not uncommon.
I bought Duratrax cause they were cheap and cause I have Duratrax 12mm hubs that I fitted before all this new change.
They just don't fit the Arrma axles even though they state the same specs as Traxxas, Arrma, Duratrax.
The TRX ones are too small...found out when I tried to rob my Slash.
I'm now blaming Arrma for calling the pins standard and 2.5x12. lol. I've ordered some new ones as direct Arrma part number and I have to. No LHS here and the single one an hour away is afraid of carrying Arrma or they'll lose Traxxas. rofl. Too bad because they are very old school and I wish they could win it.

Brand new and pins were too thick. No threadlock present. The specs are wrong but not uncommon.
I bought Duratrax cause they were cheap and cause I have Duratrax 12mm hubs that I fitted before all this new change.
They just don't fit the Arrma axles even though they state the same specs as Traxxas, Arrma, Duratrax.
The TRX ones are too small...found out when I tried to rob my Slash.
I'm now blaming Arrma for calling the pins standard and 2.5x12. lol. I've ordered some new ones as direct Arrma part number and I have to. No LHS here and the single one an hour away is afraid of carrying Arrma or they'll lose Traxxas. rofl. Too bad because they are very old school and I wish they could win it.
What about putting those pins in a drill, and sanding them down a bit? Do half the pin at a time until you get them to go in snug. Just a suggestion.

What about putting those pins in a drill, and sanding them down a bit? Do half the pin at a time until you get them to go in snug. Just a suggestion.
I thought about altering the pins or the hole but here's my issue. I was unsure of weakening the axles by drilling and I only have one drill with a 1/4" speed chuck with limited bits. I don't have a drill with a classic screw-tightening style chuck. :( I went ahead and ordered the Arrma pins and will blast the Typhon and Noto this afternoon while I'm off work. I can wait until later in the week to fix the BRCC.
I even tried to rob my Slash but the pins are too small and light even though they state the same measurement.
The real lesson I learned is that I should've purchased a second BLX line vehicle (Granite) a long time ago when they were in stock. lol :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back