Outcast GabeReal RC | Outcast Stunt Buggy | WALK OF SHAME!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Everyone!

Went to the local skatepark and had a sick bash session..
and left with the WALK OF SHAME!!

Sorry to Mr. Guy, and also the RC Community!

Hey Gabe. As much as I enjoyed watching the jumps and bashing, it was too risky being at the park with so many people and cars around. If I can't park right next to the place I'm bashing in, it's a pick up and walk back to my car unless the parking lot is empty. Not just because of a freak accident like the one that happened to you, but you never know when the radio might act up, and you have a runaway truck in a heavily populated area. You got lucky this time, but like you said, is it really worth the aggravation and possibly even the expense? Lesson learned I hope.

Hey Gabe. As much as I enjoyed watching the jumps and bashing, it was too risky being at the park with so many people and cars around. If I can't park right next to the place I'm bashing in, it's a pick up and walk back to my car unless the parking lot is empty. Not just because of a freak accident like the one that happened to you, but you never know when the radio might act up, and you have a runaway truck in a heavily populated area. You got lucky this time, but like you said, is it really worth the aggravation and possibly even the expense? Lesson learned I hope.
Yep i got lucky. Lesson learned indeed

Hmm... Thanks for the heads up..

I often play in areas/ skateparks more populated than that so I must be pretty ignorant about the dangers I'm now thinking that I must be taking a huge risk playing anywhere near anyone else when you put it like that...

I'm a relative newb to RC cars.... With racing quadcopters we have a triple failsafes, radio, receiver and Flight controller programming to completely avoid the possibility of fly aways. I'm now pretty concerned if runaways are a common and real problem for RC cars.

Can you give some examples of what can go wrong and how common these events they are?

Thanks.

I often play in areas/ skateparks more populated than that so I must be pretty ignorant about the dangers I'm now thinking that I must be taking a huge risk playing anywhere near anyone else when you put it like that...

I'm a relative newb to RC cars.... With racing quadcopters we have a triple failsafes, radio, receiver and Flight controller programming to completely avoid the possibility of fly aways. I'm now pretty concerned if runaways are a common and real problem for RC cars.

Can you give some examples of what can go wrong and how common these events they are?

Thanks.
I haven't had it happen myself or see it happen in person but ive seen in video once that if you turn the remote off before the truck it can run away.
Today was a bummer. I knew it was overpacked i was just anxious to get out again and i honestly could have chosen a different place to go but hey. No more speed runs for me unless the space is like COMPLETELY empty!

Thanks.

If you're running the latest trucks with the Spektrum STX2 chances are you'll experience the runaway sooner than later.
Here's one example right around 3 minutes into the vid:

If you're running the latest trucks with the Spektrum STX2 chances are you'll experience the runaway sooner than later.
Here's one example right around 3 minutes into the vid:
My dude crimson you are absolutely right. I ran that system on an old ecx way back and it used to give lots of problems

Thanks guys, I'm not a speed runner and usually play within 60-70ft of myself so I'm unlikely to go out of range with my STX2... but I'll need to test it and see what happens if I ever do go out of range.

Looks like it just freewheels on?

Thanks.
Arrma's have fail safes too, but the new STX2 has been known to have issues, as is the case with some other radios. It's not just about losing signal though, as you saw in Gabe's video. Sometimes what looks like an innocent path can have your truck change trajectory with the simplest of obstructions. Hitting a car is bad, but hitting a person could/would be catastrophic, depending on the speed and size of your truck. @bicketybam recently had this happen, and he'll tell you how terrible he felt, even when he realized that the person was not injured. There is no way to be in complete control, but when you are with other bashers, they know the risk. People just playing at the park do not expect heavy projectiles to be zipping past them, and may not be ready to get out of the way if one runs errant. Just saying.

Thanks, I'm not a speed runner and usually play within 60-70ft of myself so I'm unlikely to go out of range with my STX2... but I'll need to test it and see what happens if I ever go out of range.
Even at your feet it can glitch. At least in my experiences the throttle would stay on for a couple seconds even with my finger off the throttle. That can be dangerous around people or things

Thanks guys, I'm not a speed runner and usually play within 60-70ft of myself so I'm unlikely to go out of range with my STX2... but I'll need to test it and see what happens if I ever do go out of range.

Yep. I don't speedrun either but my v4 Kraton got away from me within a neighborhood block of distance. I bought a RadioLink radio and receivers and won't run the Kraton again until I get it set up on the new gear.

Arrma's have fail safes too, but the new STX2 has been known to have issues, as is the case with some other radios. It's not just about losing signal though, as you saw in Gabe's video. Sometimes what looks like an innocent path can have your truck change trajectory with the simplest of obstructions. Hitting a car is bad, but hitting a person could/would be catastrophic, depending on the speed and size of your truck. @bicketybam recently had this happen, and he'll tell you how terrible he felt, even when he realized that the person was not injured. There is no way to be in complete control, but when you are with other bashers, they know the risk. People just playing at the park do not expect heavy projectiles to be zipping past them, and may not be ready to get out of the way if one runs errant. Just saying.
Yea buddy couldn't have said it better. I only barely make the guys rim but I feel like crap. I can only imagine how bicketybam feels. Make you reconsider a LOT
Fun comes with responsibility!

There are some little girls that like to watch me run my trucks when I'm around the house and it scares me. They won't stay in one spot and like to chase the truck. Now when they hear me and come outside I play like the thing is broken and I'm just finishing testing it out. I pick it up and take it back to the shop. If I hurt someone I'd feel worse than hell and I know these girls mother would sue the poop out of me if she could.

Thanks guys.
My STX2 has been totally solid so far, not one single issue other than it feeling a bit slow like it has a bit of latency.
I have been eyeing up the DumboRC and Radiolink. Ideally I'd really love a Sanwa M12 or similar but not quite sure I want to throw that amount of money at a TX just yet so I'll just go with a cheap DumboRC TX to tide me over for now.

Enjoyed you vid Man, your rig looks sweet!
Glad you learned from experience the importance of where and when to bash with others around!!

I took my Granite this evening to a skate park for the first time. Waited until there was less activity but a few kids were out and about. Still felt nervous but no issues. Good fun and kids were digging the truck and enjoyed learning the difference between what they were seeing (Arrma) vs their standard TRX rigs. I always try to remain diplomatic but so many were impressed in the abuse the Granite was able to take vs their broken stuff at home.
Lots of questions about cost, how fast, how easy to fix, why I'm so old and still playing with RC toys, etc....lol The main skater kid made me promise to bring more trucks out and wanted to see the 1:8 scale rigs I told em about.
There was one ne'er-do-well that the other kids said steals skateboards and so when he started paying more attention, I packed up and went on to the house. It isn't best practice to beat a kid like a dog in public for trying to steal my stuff. haha

Enjoyed you vid Man, your rig looks sweet!
Glad you learned from experience the importance of where and when to bash with others around!!
thanks bud im gonna talk a little about it in my next vid as people seem to be curious about upgrades
and yea im gonna be super sketch about where i bash now. which is already limiting where i live.
Sorry on the wreck could have been worse. Some sick jumps great aerial control.
yea i got lucky this time.. gonna be extra cautious from now on and make sure theres really no people or stuff around..

thanks as well i have been practicing a bit with this truck as i found it was hardest to control in the air
I took my Granite this evening to a skate park for the first time. Waited until there was less activity but a few kids were out and about. Still felt nervous but no issues. Good fun and kids were digging the truck and enjoyed learning the difference between what they were seeing (Arrma) vs their standard TRX rigs. I always try to remain diplomatic but so many were impressed in the abuse the Granite was able to take vs their broken stuff at home.
Lots of questions about cost, how fast, how easy to fix, why I'm so old and still playing with RC toys, etc....lol The main skater kid made me promise to bring more trucks out and wanted to see the 1:8 scale rigs I told em about.
There was one ne'er-do-well that the other kids said steals skateboards and so when he started paying more attention, I packed up and went on to the house. It isn't best practice to beat a kid like a dog in public for trying to steal my stuff. haha
yea buddy arrma tough baby! I found that as i bashed people would ask questions unitl i started wearing a camera then no one would ask me anything lol.. but yea i know what you mean and sometimes like you mentioned earlier the kids wanna chase the truck and stand in front of the ramp etc.. bahh...

empty spots plz!!

thanks bud im gonna talk a little about it in my next vid as people seem to be curious about upgrades
and yea im gonna be super sketch about where i bash now. which is already limiting where i live.

yea i got lucky this time.. gonna be extra cautious from now on and make sure theres really no people or stuff around..

thanks as well i have been practicing a bit with this truck as i found it was hardest to control in the air

yea buddy arrma tough baby! I found that as i bashed people would ask questions unitl i started wearing a camera then no one would ask me anything lol.. but yea i know what you mean and sometimes like you mentioned earlier the kids wanna chase the truck and stand in front of the ramp etc.. bahh...

empty spots plz!!
Iceland Arena skate park. It was empty and I couldn't even run. Plugged in my battery and the fan on the esc wasn't working. Wasn't going to risk frying the esc. This place is amazing and huge!
20190911_151225.jpg
20190911_151241.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back