Game changer 🥺

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat_ranch

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Not really a rant, just a heads up and general expression of disappointment.

New warranty policy from tbr-

Screenshot_20210405-205002_DuckDuckGo.jpg

So much for keeping extras around. Maybe it's time to figure out how to make my own?

wow did they get abused in the warranty department to warrant this change?
I have a couple broken tbr parts on my bench that I've been meaning to get replaced under their old (great) warranty policy, but when I looked on their website for the email, I noticed they changed to the new policy. I was always willing to pay the extra cost of their stuff because of the warranty, but now the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

wow did they get abused in the warranty department to warrant this change?
They can't keep up with production of normal products what makes you think they can make warranty claim parts?

I think highly of TBR parts, especially their bumpers. I have them on everything that's not Arrma. Their warranty was security and peace of mind. This is bad news, and definitely knocks the company down several pegs in my mind. They're getting crazy expensive, have you seen how their $250 ramp is built? It's less than $50 worth of material cobbled together with pop rivets. This news makes me sad. I can cut my own plastic and bend it with a heat gun if price increases and warranty (aka service) nerfs are gonna be their thing.

I think highly of TBR parts, especially their bumpers. I have them on everything that's not Arrma. Their warranty was security and peace of mind. This is bad news, and definitely knocks the company down several pegs in my mind. They're getting crazy expensive, have you seen how their $250 ramp is built? It's less than $50 worth of material cobbled together with pop rivets. This news makes me sad. I can cut my own plastic and bend it with a heat gun if price increases and warranty (aka service) nerfs are gonna be their thing.
I used to like them, but their lack of customer service and the way they run their business lately has made me change my mind about them. The old way they did things might not have been the best way, sure you might have to wait a month to get what you ordered but you didn't have to sit on a broken waiting list for over a year.

In their defense, they do have a lot of products for a lot of different vehicles. That's got to complicate timing production runs to keep enough on the shelf to honor the warranty. But then again, we're talking about plastic cutouts, not Space-X modules.

Sounds like I need to order some kydex or something similar. Might be worth picking up some new stuff to clone (and keep for myself, not going to rip off their IP for profit).

They can't keep up with production of normal products what makes you think they can make warranty claim parts?
Free market. They're pulling the volume to be able to expand. Obviously they've chosen to go after new business, and not retain existing customers. They make their choices, I make mine. My main incentive for doing business with them WAS their warranty 😉

In their defense, they do have a lot of products for a lot of different vehicles. That's got to complicate timing production runs to keep enough on the shelf to honor the warranty. But then again, we're talking about plastic cutouts, not Space-X modules.
Look at Rpm, I hardly see their products out of stock and they make more than bumpers.

Free market. They're pulling the volume to be able to expand. Obviously they've chosen to go after new business, and not retain existing customers. They make their choices, I make mine. My main incentive for doing business with them WAS their warranty 😉

That is the problem they already have too many eggs in their basket. Why toss more eggs in a basket that is already overflowing than get a bigger basket? I understand they are a family run business but they are getting themselves into a situation that is just going to piss all of their customers off.

Interesting - you can't pull this sort of nonsense in the UK and most other European jurisdictions. We have statutorily implied terms (inc quality and fitness for purpose) which override any sort of stated policy like this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back