Gaming monitor ideas ($150 or less CAD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Hello. Just built a PC. GTX 1650 super, Ryzen 2600X 6core-12 thread, Gigabyte Auros B-450 elite v2 corsair ICue 220t case, and 16GB ram. My account on here isn't showing up the option to send pics and it isn't really done yet lol. I have lots of work from school and my internet is being upgraded to 150mbps internet so I can't really play games. Not to mention I am still waiting on an SSD and a Hard drive (HDD). I just need a decent monitor. This pc is going to do MAX 150fps so a 44hz or a 75hz monitor will do! Any sugestions? Thanks!

You won't find one in the specs you want for that cheap not for gaming anyways. Maybe used. This is my beast. I just use my tv for gaming. I got a racing simulater rig too.

118510150_668617337075206_4295455501735627777_n.jpg

118119119_623682368338527_8094209902494266537_n.jpg

With your video card I'd probably game it at 1080p to maximize it's performance. Adding your budget to that then I'd recommend looking for a 24" IPS 1080p monitor. Asus, LG, Acer, and AOC are brands that I have used before and been happy with in terms of price, performance, and longevity. BenQ seems to be a brand that I'm seeing more and more but I haven't used them before.

He wants a gaming monitor not just any monitor.
That's 150 us. Yall are lucky!
Like I said finding one in your specs you want for 150 cad will be next to impossible. Maybe if you get one of those sketchy china knockoffs. Try looking used, people upgrade all the time and their old stuff is still good. And like such tragedy said you should stick to 1080 with your card you will run into tearing and issues with peformance and frame drop if you try 4k on some games.

Hello. Just built a PC. GTX 1650 super, Ryzen 2600X 6core-12 thread, Gigabyte Auros B-450 elite v2 corsair ICue 220t case, and 16GB ram. My account on here isn't showing up the option to send pics and it isn't really done yet lol. I have lots of work from school and my internet is being upgraded to 150mbps internet so I can't really play games. Not to mention I am still waiting on an SSD and a Hard drive (HDD). I just need a decent monitor. This pc is going to do MAX 150fps so a 44hz or a 75hz monitor will do! Any sugestions? Thanks!
Not sure how you are going to get a gaming monitor for less than $500 USD. Unless you are not playing games that require a high refresh rate. You want a monitor for current and future games that require a high refresh rate. I play COD and car/flight simulators and they require an expensive monitor.

Asus ROG Swift 360Hz PG259QN
Razer Raptor 27
ViewSonic Elite XG270QG

That's 150 us. Yall are lucky!
I was on the Newegg CA site and I just noticed that it switched me to the US one sorry.
Not sure how you are going to get a gaming monitor for less than $500 USD. Unless you are not playing games that require a high refresh rate. You want a monitor for current and future games that require a high refresh rate. I play COD and car/flight simulators and they require an expensive monitor.

Razer Raptor 27
ViewSonic Elite XG270QG
I got mine for $480 on sale 😂

Razer Raptor 27
ViewSonic Elite XG270QG
not really. I could get a decent monitor for 200CAD. I just want to play, I'm not going too overkill.

not really. I could get a decent monitor for 200CAD. I just want to play, I'm not going too overkill.
Do you want a monitor or a gaming monitor. If you want a gaming monitor you won't find one for 200 let alone a decent one. Just stick with a high refresh monitor not a gaming monitor. Look at response times and latency. I'm sorry but your gtx1650 is not worth buying a gaming monitor for. The card itself can't push out the framerate at high res. I would run what you got for now and save for a better card then look at monitors. 🤷‍♂️

So is the monitor fine that @jkflow linked?
Do you want a monitor or a gaming monitor. If you want a gaming monitor you won't find one for 200 let alone a decent one. Just stick with a high refresh monitor not a gaming monitor. Look at response times and latency. I'm sorry but your gtx1650 is not worth buying a gaming monitor for. The card itself can't push out the framerate at high res. I would run what you got for now and save for a better card then look at monitors. 🤷‍♂️
I guessed. I don't know if I should get a 1650 super or rx5500? What do you think? I think RX5500 since it is newer.
EDIT: I have all parts except GPU, drives, and monitor.

So is the monitor fine that @jkflow linked?

I guessed. I don't know if I should get a 1650 super or rx5500? What do you think? I think RX5500 since it is newer.
What is your end goal right now? Are you trying to make the games look better. Is your current one not big enough, do you want higher resolution? Or do you not have one at all?

How old are you again?? Jeez every word of that was Greek to me lol

Reading this thread im starting to suspect every one of you commenting are actually Rev-9s sent by Skynet

What is your end goal right now? Are you trying to make the games look better. Is your current one not big enough, do you want higher resolution? Or do you not have one at all?
Don't have one. My dad is an electrical engineer and they(his company) needed my old Gaming PC and I gave it. (My dad forced me to). I also HAD to give my monitor. I just need something to play COD on and have a good time.
How old are you again?? Jeez every word of that was Greek to me lol

Reading this thread im starting to suspect every one of you commenting are actually Rev-9s sent by Skynet
I am 13! You: "Weird flex but ok" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Don't have one. My dad is an electrical engineer and they(his company) needed my old Gaming PC and I gave it. (My dad forced me to). I also HAD to give my monitor. I just need something to play COD on and have a good time.

COD...now thats my language! Tell me you're a PS guy! *fistbumps

Then yes JKflows recommendation will work for you. What makes a gaming monitor a gaming monitor is the response times or latency. So when you press a button or move it shows instantly and without noticeable "lag" on the screen. Get a monitor that you like in the size you like and for cod and for the graphics card you have you should be fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back