Garage made shock towers, brace, support and wing setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. The stock one had that little clip. Thought it was odd that the HR one didn't have any such provision for the battery wires.
I may added a tiny hole for a body clip if the wires don’t stay put. The HR ones at least have holes in them for zip ties where some others do not.
Nice looking stuff..??

I'm quite jealous you have those machine tools at home..

I like the way you have incorporated the wire holder on the brace..???
Machines can be found on Craigslist and public auctions for not too much money. I had these when I lived at home and moved them here when I got married. No good way to move them by your self but it can be done. A farmer I knew moved a Bridgeport with his tractor in the snow. He placed it on homemade skies, very smart man.

Very nice @Jimbobjr . :cool:

How do the machined parts compare with the stock ones for weight?
Much difference.

I’m going to weigh them and I’ll post it. I need to lighten up the rear brace mount as it is too heavy for what it does. At this point the Kraton is getting very portly, definitely not a race machine. I would like to get a Talion and go with carbon fiber for towers and bracing. It’s not too expensive these days, just a little harder to machine.
Should be able to get this together this weekend if I don’t run into too many fitment issues.

I have the truck 90% back together. Towers and braces added around 100grams but considering the T-Bone bumpers and m2c chassis and other odds and ends it is what it is. I’m guessing total truck will be pushing the 12-13lb range depending on tires.
The best feature is the rear brace support. This for me was the main reason I wanted to make my own towers. The rear brace needs to be connected to the tower and sandwich the top of the bulkhead tight. The whole top of the bulkhead will have to rip off before that gives way or maybe rip the chassis screws out. The brace is also totally captivated in that support, no hinging at all.
The front brace needs two screws to hold it to the steering plate. There are two holes there but one needs to be slotted a bit for the buttonheads. Love the wire holder, it is snug.
The towers came out pretty nice with the front one looking nicer than the rear. The rear needed more engineering because I used a Tekno wing bolted through the tower into the bulkhead. It lined up almost perfect to the bulkhead holes. I’m sure I will rip that thing off but it does seem very stout and I do have a spare mount and wing.
Just have to get my bumper back on and may gear down a bit for the added weight. New electrics will be next...
02FC7BBC-BF1E-45EF-A6C1-AEB20612F668.jpeg
427890CE-711F-4EA8-98AA-73AD85BB2E31.jpeg
E07E312E-96B7-4FC4-9EF4-9A49185B1F14.jpeg
23C8A1A5-07A7-4B6E-AF8C-D4376F664BC1.jpeg
7178E31B-B46C-423A-92B5-74AB028BC32D.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW..!!!

That is some serious beef..!! If you manage to break them I'll be amazed..?

Looks awesome too, love the small details like the wire holder..!!??????

A job well done, So when do they go into production and how can I buy them ..???

Nice F N job bro!
Excellent design in the rear wing brace! It makes so much more sense to do it this way. And at the same time makes me wonder why the other parts makers haven't done this. I actually have been thinking to make something fit in between the wing brace that rests against the tower as well. I mean why not? Anyway I love the wires holder too. It gave me an idea to screw down some alum to mine brace to hold the loose wires. And the towers look super beefy. Did you ever get weights on these parts?
I must say I probably buy your parts over everyone else's just based on design. Thanks for sharing and super nice job !

Thanks for the comments. I don't have the wear with all to make these to sell. To make these and actually make a little money you need a machining center.
I did weigh stock vs new, weight difference is not too much, like 100 grams from stock so a few ounces. The Tekno wing and mount is lighter. If you had voltage hobbies braces and towers it would be around the same weight. My brace support is heavier but I did hollow out the back of it which you can’t see.
The new v4 will open up some avenues for the hop up market for sure. I bet they are drawing them up on the Cad system right now. I do wish they would not just copy the designs but try and innovate.
The ultimate brace would be a front to back brace which would go from the rear tower/bulkhead, angle to the chassis run against the chassis to the motor/diff area to the front and angle back up to the front bulkhead and tower. This is not a straight shot as the motor mount will need to be incorporated into it. M2c makes these for the Tekno models and I was hoping they would come up with something for the arrmas. This would eliminate the flex in the middle of the car.

Those looks awesome. Great work. The rear end is as nice as you can get.
Thanks Stu, I took it out for a quick beat down today. With the M2C chassis it is rock solid. Little worried about the bolts pulling out of the aluminum. If they do I will just use a longer bolts with nuts on top. So far I didn’t rip that nice Tekno wing off yet, lol.

Thanks guys, I’m going to run it for a while and see if I want to change anything. Going to do the same thing with my Outcast. Only difference I think will be no wing and only run the T-Bone wheelie bar.

Thanks guys, I’m going to run it for a while and see if I want to change anything. Going to do the same thing with my Outcast. Only difference I think will be no wing and only run the T-Bone wheelie bar.
The no wing and T-bone wheelie bar has been a huge plus for me. With your new rear brace set up, the wing mount is defeated, which is a huge improvement. The T-Bone has also helped in stopping the constant flipping on WOT, and it's holding up well in the cartwheel department. I shortened the stock wing mounts to keep the rear brace in place, but I would buy your set up in a heart beat.

Dude those look sweet.
Idk how good your skills are but with the brace for the rear chassis brace, I wonder if you could make it wider so it goes past the ears on the diff case and kinda sandwiches the ears between that brace and the shock tower? Or if it would even make sense to do that?

I think you are saying to make it taller so the towers and support sandwich the ears. this is an excellent idea but it does get a little complicated. Since the diff cases come out of a mold there are no straight edges. Everything is angled so it gets a little tricky for everything to fit nice and snug. I am going to be working on my Outcast soon and do pretty much what I did here. I want to keep run the Kraton and see if anything comes loose or breaks. Btw the top of the diff case is sandwiched inbetween the tower and that support. the first post has a pic of it.

I've been running this a bunch lately. With the extra weight there's been some breakages. Shockends have been getting replaced one by one with the nero and 6.8 balls. Broke some pins in my diffs and spindles, blew out wheel bearings of all types and brands ( they all suck), steering block, couple arms, JX servo and sheared off a chassis brace bolt at the chassis. Also making a new 7075 arckerman plate as mine keep bending.

All the stuff I made is holding up, 4985 motor and hex6 (my cheap ebay fan with screen keeps on spinning) have been perfect, my fan mount and fans all holding up. T bone front bumper and rear wheelie bar are fine, tekno wing is king, just replaced a bent support post with a homemade aluminum one. M2c chassis is perfect and straight, love it...
20191119_114008.jpg
20191119_110905.jpg
20191119_110846.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back