Gear change issue Granite 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats strange, I just bought my Granite 3 weeks ago. And if I go look up a replacement motor mount for my Granite on the Arrma website it shows the one with #13 hole. On the compatibility list at the bottom of the part page, it shows that same motor plate for the whole BLX series. Not just the Big Rock.

I just got a motor plate in from JRC. I bought it from their BRCC page. Guess what? No 13t pinion hole. So maybe it's just random old stock. Hey - call them up and see what they say. It can't hurt to try.

FWIW, the Granite also lists the Arrma 18t pinion as an optional part and none of the fixed motor mounts have a hole for it.

I just got a motor plate in from JRC. I bought it from their BRCC page. Guess what? No 13t pinion hole. So maybe it's just random old stock. Hey - call them up and see what they say. It can't hurt to try.

FWIW, the Granite also lists the Arrma 18t pinion as an optional part and none of the fixed motor mounts have a hole for it.

I was just browsing ebay and seen that motor plate JRC has. And your right it has no 13t hole either, damn an 18t would work perfect the 20t makes it hot even in 20 degree weather. I don't even know why they included the 26t hole, they should have included the 13 and 18 instead.

You might be able to run the 26t if you put some 100mm street tires on it

Here are the motor mount plates for my Granite and my BRCC:

I'm going to guess that the one without the 13t pinion hole is from my Granite since I bought it when it first came out. They must have updated the mounting plate with the release of the BRCC. So I don't think yours is unfinished.

The guy at the LHS said the motor mount with the 13t slot is for brushed versions. But its odd when I looked it up on Arrma website the same plate with the 13t holes are used for the entire BLX series. I even watched a Youtube video were he shows how to remove the power module from an Arrma Senton 3s BLX and it doesn't have the 13t holes either. Oh well there probably isnt a big difference between the 13t and 15t anyway. I just wanted to have that extra option in case bigger tires cause it to overheat in the summer when I'm running in the grass.

The guy at the LHS said the motor mount with the 13t slot is for brushed versions. But its odd when I looked it up on Arrma website the same plate with the 13t holes are used for the entire BLX series. I even watched a Youtube video were he shows how to remove the power module from an Arrma Senton 3s BLX and it doesn't have the 13t holes either. Oh well there probably isnt a big difference between the 13t and 15t anyway. I just wanted to have that extra option in case bigger tires cause it to overheat in the summer when I'm running in the grass.

Your LHS is sadly mistaken. No way is that mount for the brushed version. The Mega motor mount is plastic.

If you really want to run the 13t pinion you will need the HR adjustable mount or you can try to modify the stock one.

Your LHS is sadly mistaken. No way is that mount for the brushed version. The Mega motor mount is plastic.

If you really want to run the 13t pinion you will need the HR adjustable mount or you can try to modify the stock one.

Yea, I looked up the mega, it don't look anything like this one. And every video I have seen on Youtube of people changing pinions all have the 13t option. Yea, I could buy the adjustable motor mount or just get the new arrma version I don't know which one is cheaper.

Yea, I looked up the mega, it don't look anything like this one. And every video I have seen on Youtube of people changing pinions all have the 13t option. Yea, I could buy the adjustable motor mount or just get the new arrma version I don't know which one is cheaper.

The adjustable will let you run a bunch of different sizes. The Arrma will give you one additional option: 13t. I’d just get the HR one.

The adjustable will let you run a bunch of different sizes. The Arrma will give you one additional option: 13t. I’d just get the HR one.

I agree. I just don't want to have to deal with setting the gear mesh, If the mount screws happen to come loose while I'm running the plastic spur would get stripped then I would have to deal with that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back