gear problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I would suggest replacing all 6 gearbox bearings with something of higher quality. Two of mine had catastrophic failures and the resulting debris wrecked havoc inside there. I replaced them with sealed ceramics from Fast Eddy's.

As far as the metal gears go... if you current spec guys can't just swap in metal gears, what about if you swap out the gearbox too?? I am just speculating, but it would surprise me if they changed the rest of the rear end to the point where that wouldn't bolt up...

That's a good idea getting new bearings. So far I have ordered new gear box, 20t idler, dif gear set, input shaft 59mm and metal motor mount. As seen in another post only 40.00 for everything. With parts from arrma and purchased parts this thing better work or it's going up somebodys ass

What bearings did you get 3x8 or 3x12 mm

As far as the metal gears go... if you current spec guys can't just swap in metal gears, what about if you swap out the gearbox too?? I am just speculating, but it would surprise me if they changed the rest of the rear end to the point where that wouldn't bolt up...

As you can read elsewhere on this forum, this is an option.
The "old" 2013 spec gearbox does fit the later models!

Correct I should have all parts to do that swap at least I hope so. Everything I have so far is for the old gearbox

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back