Mojave Gear Shaft not turning axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyzinsd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Senton 6s
So i blew out my wheel bearings and have to replace the bearings and the Front Composite Steering Block I ordered the new aluminum ones, but that's not my main issue.

My gear shaft doesn't seem to be turning the axles. I assume i blew the gears out. What am i supposed to replace so i can look it up and if there is a more sturdy one i can buy (metal)?

Thank for the help in davance

20200915_195616.jpg

So i blew out my wheel bearings and have to replace the bearings and the Front Composite Steering Block I ordered the new aluminum ones, but that's not my main issue.

My gear shaft doesn't seem to be turning the axles. I assume i blew the gears out. What am i supposed to replace so i can look it up and if there is a more sturdy one i can buy (metal)?

Thank for the help in davance

View attachment 100130
Pull the diff cover off the back and then pull the diff out. Check the teeth on the diff ring and the input pinion too.

so i pulled the cover off. I think the bearing on the inside seized up. the bearings around the rear differential are also loose. how do i replace them or do i need to replace the whole thing?

So i took apart the rear diff and it dirty as fu.k. cleaned it and putting new oil in it. the piece hanging near the bearing is that a washer or part of the bearing housing?

20200915_212327.jpg

so i pulled the cover off. I think the bearing on the inside seized up. the bearings around the rear differential are also loose. how do i replace them or do i need to replace the whole thing?

So i took apart the rear diff and it dirty as fu.k. cleaned it and putting new oil in it. the piece hanging near the bearing is that a washer or part of the bearing housing?

View attachment 100134
The shim on the gear side bearing is to help push the ring gear tighter to the input gear. When you go to put it back in, don’t smash that shim. Put some grease on it to hold it to the bearing and it will slide in the housing easier.

The shim on the gear side bearing is to help push the ring gear tighter to the input gear. When you go to put it back in, don’t smash that shim. Put some grease on it to hold it to the bearing and it will slide in the housing easier.

the center diff has play. does that mean its no good? if you look at the picture the gear is loose. i can push it around. is that normal or is it busted?

20200916_095132.jpg

the center diff has play. does that mean its no good? if you look at the picture the gear is loose. i can push it around. is that normal or is it busted?

View attachment 100169
That cup looks melted and warped. Probably didn’t have any diff fluid left in it and it overheated.

Same thing happened to my Mojave twice. I replaced with hot racing aluminium diff cup.or arrma makes one too.good time to shim well and change bearings too.don't forget to get the gasket also.i went with 1million diff fluid.helps keep front tires from ballooning,better Acceleration

I had to heat up allen screw on other side where driveshaft hooks up,screw has l-tight on it,mini torch screw head for couple seconds should do it
Anything that has play in it I shimed,think I put 2 shims behind that input gear

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back