Gear Slipping Problems With Granite 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthrows

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I recently bought a Granite from a friend that he has used for the past 3 years with no problems with the spur gears or anything. Another friend of mine who is a lot more experienced than me with rc completely deconstructed and built back the granite to make sure everything was in good condition. After 1 run, it started slipping and the plastic spur gear got completely shredded, and when we put another one in, it got shredded too. I bought a completely new gearbox, and once again it worked for one run, but now it slips so bad that its not drivable.

Some useful Info is that is is a gen 2, it was upgraded from brushed to brushless, and all the gears were replaced with metal after the first 2 plastic spur gears were torn up.

It is to the point where it will slip on 50% on 2s with barely any throttle. However the new metal spur gear looks completely unworn

I just don't know what I have done wrong. My friend thinks that I need to just add another slipper plate.

One thing to note is that when I first put in the metal gear I added some oil, but then read that it could be causing the slipping, so then j used rubbing alcohol to clean off the bearing and it still slips

Time to take the slipper assembly apart and inspect. Post pictures of the parts once disassembled. Don’t even grease or oil the main spur gear and pinion by the way.

If you went to a steel spur you do need 2 slipper plates on both sides

⬆️ good catch and very true. Like below.

436167A9-774D-4DF3-92C0-4CBD11304689.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back