Kraton Gearing for Backflip Tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcopunk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Vorteks
So I've read that the Kraton comes undergeared from the factory, but I am planning on installing the Outcast Backflip tires which are a bit taller than stock. Should I also be bumping up the pinion size or will the stock one suffice. Also the Kraton comes with 12T and a 16T "speed" pinion right? I don't have the truck or tires yet (backorder) but I want to buy the right pinion gears so when they do come I'm all set!

IMHO....The Kraton is undergeared for those guys who just can't stand anything but blazing speed. I haven't even tried the speed pinion yet, and think the car is hella fast as it is.

It comes with a 14t speed pinion... The outcast comes with a 16t.
Ive got backflips on mine and still have the 12 on... Good on 4s but too much wheelie on 6s... ive been meaning to put the 14 on but ive been to lazy to swap it. I reckon it will be alot better with the 14 on tho...

So I've read that the Kraton comes undergeared from the factory, but I am planning on installing the Outcast Backflip tires which are a bit taller than stock. Should I also be bumping up the pinion size or will the stock one suffice. Also the Kraton comes with 12T and a 16T "speed" pinion right? I don't have the truck or tires yet (backorder) but I want to buy the right pinion gears so when they do come I'm all set!
Depends on how you bash...Etc. I only used 16 Robinson Racing Extra Hard #1216 since day 1 on 6s with the Kraton and stock motor and Backflips. Awesome speed, good torque, and don't need to throttle wide open as much to get the speeds your after. The Backflips really bring the Kraton to life off-road. No heat issues either for me. PS, thanks again for you're insightful input a while back regarding the Nero motor and having shortened my motor leads. Seems to be doing fine since gearing down to 16.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. And Rich I subscribed to your channel so I could get my fill of the Kraton and Outcast until those suckers come back in stock and I get my hands on them!!!

Thanks guys. And Rich I subscribed to your channel so I could get my fill of the Kraton and Outcast until those suckers come back in stock and I get my hands on them!!!
Thanks bro, hope they're back in stock for you soon. Both are such awesome, durable fun bashers. I'm still blown away by what they can handle....Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back