Typhon Gearing options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hello all, I'm building a frankentruck thingy & need help with motor gearing. Started with a typhon 6s chassis, running a max8 w/ an ezrun4274 2200kv motor. Put a 46t center diff but don't really know what size pinion to start with. Plan on keeping it mostly stock with found/ extra parts. Please help. Thanks in advance

Deifintely want to start with something lower like a 15t imo. You didn't say which tires though and that matters.
Not sure yet. Still trying to figure out these Mojave arms. Will probably end up w/ Kraton or Mojave hubs

What wheels you plan to use?
I'll probably just end up using buggy tires/ wheels for now- that's what I have on hand. Trying to figure out these monster Mojave A arms. Something in the front/ steering geometry isn't quite working. Think that I'll have to just get a Mojave set from Jenny's to see if that works better than the typhon setup that I have.

I'll probably just end up using buggy tires/ wheels for now- that's what I have on hand. Trying to figure out these monster Mojave A arms. Something in the front/ steering geometry isn't quite working. Think that I'll have to just get a Mojave set from Jenny's to see if that works better than the typhon setup that I have.
Only problem with buggy wheels. Is most of them can't go very high speed and start to flop apart. So look for some belted ones or keep the speeds down AKA pinion small.

Whatever is in the pre-built 46t center diff?🤷‍♂️

Sorry, I meant the input pinion and crown gear on the front and rear differentials. It’s what the center driveshafts are connected to. On a Typhon it is a 13T pinion and 43T crown gear. On the Talion/Kraton/Outcast they are 10T pinions and 43T crown gear and then there are the GP5 and GP6 from the Infraction and Felony. They have different gear ratios and play into the overall gearing calculation.

Sorry, I meant the input pinion and crown gear on the front and rear differentials. It’s what the center driveshafts are connected to. On a Typhon it is a 13T pinion and 43T crown gear. On the Talion/Kraton/Outcast they are 10T pinions and 43T crown gear and then there are the GP5 and GP6 from the Infraction and Felony. They have different gear ratios and play into the overall gearing calculation.
Stock- pre-built diffs f/r too, just topped them off before I put them on
Stock typhon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back