Gearing problems with my fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch86

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hey,
Im having the toughest time getting the gearing right on my fury. I did have 87/22 on it, but realized that was way off. I switched 15/87 and it doesn't seem to run as good as it could! Thanks everyone

Normally,when you need to drop a pinion size for heat reasons,you just go down in size by one or two teeth. However,by dropping by seven teeth,you've really slowed down the truck. Originally,with the 22/87 gearing,you were sitting at a ratio of 1:4,now you are nearer 1:6. You would have been better to drop at the most down to a 20t pinion,which would have still given you a reasonable turn of speed.

Normally,when you need to drop a pinion size for heat reasons,you just go down in size by one or two teeth. However,by dropping by seven teeth,you've really slowed down the truck. Originally,with the 22/87 gearing,you were sitting at a ratio of 1:4,now you are nearer 1:6. You would have been better to drop at the most down to a 20t pinion,which would have still given you a reasonable turn of speed.
Thanks man, im going to hobby shop right now and try 20t pinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back