Kraton Gearing suggestions for kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamcelestine86

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any gear suggestions for kraton 6s mostly ran in dirt gravel an grass. Will do some sand as well when beaches reopen.

Stock gearing will do just fine, keeps your electronics and drivetrain safe.
Or do you want more speed?
I agree. Throw the speed pinion on if you’d like. But between the two stock options this truck is plenty fast and fun for most applications.

That's what I was wondering. Wanted a little more speed but also I don't want to stress my parts where they start breaking stuff. I don't want to sacrifice parts for speed.
Thanks for the help

just to confirm, is it safe for the stock motor and ESC if i use the high speed pinion for bashing? Saves me from keep switching them.

I switched over to a 23t pinion a few weeks ago an it doesn't seem to be stressing anything out. It almost feels like it isn't even phasing this tank of an RC. This car can handle more than what it comes with stock an my motor or esc stays cool. I would say you are fine with the high speed pinion. Hope this helps.

I switched over to a 23t pinion a few weeks ago an it doesn't seem to be stressing anything out. It almost feels like it isn't even phasing this tank of an RC. This car can handle more than what it comes with stock an my motor or esc stays cool. I would say you are fine with the high speed pinion. Hope this helps.
you went from the stock 12 or 13t to a 25t with no issues? Damn. I was overheating yesterday on the speed pinion although it was like 90F out and the ground read 110F.

I went straight from stock to 23t. I have the latest version. Got mines about 2 months ago. I also live in oregon. It's pretty cool here most of the time.

You should try it man... its pretty good. Haven't had issues yet. I will post updates if I start to have issues
I've seen people put silicone earplugs in the different or the 20mil in the diffs. That turns the kraton into an animal. don't think i want to do that though

I used to have a hard time getting through a whole pack with a 16t on stock electronics without overheating.
Now I run a 20t with my 4985 combo and that still gets fairly warm after one pack.
Not quite sure how your pulling off a 23t on stock stuff...
I’m in MN, so it’s not that hot here either.

I don't know but it could be that I only run about 30 to 40 minutes at a time an im not a basher. I don't do jumps or anything yet. Mostly drag racing style an turns an stuff. I always check it like every 10 to 15 minutes while I'm running .. maybe I'm just not hard on my runs like some people are. Not sure just speaking from my experience so far
I also have a 21 I was going to try first but since I'm having no issues so far ill just leave it how it is.

Attachments

• 15930279677618882102815083166483.jpg
    15930279677618882102815083166483.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 52
You have a Kraton 8s now this makes sense! ?
I ran a 23t also and it was fine.
You could probably get a 25t and still be ok ?

@jamcelestine86 you are in the Kraton 6S thread, you might want to add your model to your Avatar.
Running the 6S model on a 23T, with no issues, would be phenomenal and you'd become an instant star if you are able to do it.

8S model, lot of folks would say that you are undergeared.

haha. The 8s! That thing looks sooo sick. I don’t know I’m ready to shell out upgrades for an 8s platform after recently buying k6 and Talion (arrives today).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back