Senton Gearing suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carson

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a Arma Senton that I race around a pavement oval track and I need help with the gearing. It has a 75ft straight away and I am running the stock gearing now but it lacks getting up to speeds on the straight.
Please help!

Go up 2 teeth on the pinion. A larger pinion. Find out what pinon size you have. You should know this already!
What I would do.
Is this BLX? Running 3s?

Find out what size pinion is in there right now, and buy another that is 2 teeth larger. Get the correct pinion. Count the teeth on what you have and add 2 more teeth for what you want. Arrma-rc.com has the optional size pinions to choose from. Use that site. It is your bible for the 4x4 rig you have. Otherwise, you will be lost. Have you considered running 3s??
Instead of changing out the pinion.. Another more common option to get more speed.

If you're running on 2s only, try adding a few teeth to the pinion or even getting a higher KV motor.

If you're running on 2s only, try adding a few teeth to the pinion or even getting a higher KV motor.
I feel like a bigger pinion would just negate what he's trying to accomplish.. I may be wrong i really don't know, would it just have more top speed but be slower trying to get to that top end.. this is a good 2s question, I'm unsure!?🤔

2s is prolly the problem, 20t stock.. so you might go down 2 in tooth count for more tourqe.. what u think @SrC
I would normally agree. Just that the OP said he wants longer legs in the straights on his pavement track? More speed?
What do you think? It isn't clear what he wants to really do here.

I would normally agree. Just that the OP said he wants longer legs in the straights on his pavement track? More speed?
What do you think? It isn't clear what he wants to really do here.
Agree, so do u want it to have more top end or do u need it to be quicker!?

@carson hasn't responded. I think he wants more top end speed on the 75ft straights. Taller pinion.
That's why I feel a 3s lipo would also fit the bill versus a larger pinion.

@carson hasn't responded. I think he wants more top end speed on the 75ft straights. Taller pinion.
That's why I feel a 3s lipo would also fit the bill versus a larger pinion.
I am trying to get up to speeds faster so I guess I want more torque

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back