Gears sound crunchy idk what greases to use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jothy.07

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the best greases to use on diffs and gears to make my Rc virtually silent

Right now I use team losi diff oil and protek premier blue o-ring grease

It sounds real crunchy and it whines a lot

I also am thinking of white lithium grease but I only have the spray can version of it. I also run 3S on a metal piñon and plastic spur so I know it won’t be the best

On the outside of the diffs use either marine grease, general purpose grease or Lucas Red N Tacky.

If it sounds crunchy something is not right. Can you possibly upload a video to Youtube of the crunchy sound and link it here?

Do not put any grease on or anywhere near the spur and pinion you do not want grease or any lubricant getting on the slipper pads.

Don’t want to be a gorilla about grease either. The less the better. One throttle stab and you just flicked it all off the ring gear and all over the inside of your diff case anyway. You’ll be back in those diffs soon enough, nature of the beast. You’ll thank me later.

Don’t want to be a gorilla about grease either. The less the better. One throttle stab and you just flicked it all off the ring gear and all over the inside of your diff case anyway. You’ll be back in those diffs soon enough, nature of the beast. You’ll thank me later.
I pack my 6S diff housings full of grease. This way there's always grease on the ring gear. I also noticed that it does a good job keeping the diff and input bearings in shape.

I pack my 6S diff housings full of grease. This way there's always grease on the ring gear. I also noticed that it does a good job keeping the diff and input bearings in shape.
How is it not oozing out of the diff halves? Personally I don’t like mess and when I’m into it hard I’m pulling out all 3 for fluid changes each session. Gobs of grease makes a large mess, no thanks.

How is it not oozing out of the diff halves? Personally I don’t like mess and when I’m into it hard I’m pulling out all 3 for fluid changes each session. Gobs of grease makes a large mess, no thanks.
I take the diffs apart maybe 3 or 4 times a year. And that's for replacing bearings.
And the oozing out stops eventually.

Does anyone know the best greases to use on diffs and gears to make my Rc virtually silent

Right now I use team losi diff oil and protek premier blue o-ring grease

It sounds real crunchy and it whines a lot

I also am thinking of white lithium grease but I only have the spray can version of it. I also run 3S on a metal piñon and plastic spur so I know it won’t be the best
Video or something will help.

Metal gears, you should have a nice metal-to-metal gear sound as they turn....normal sound. Never silent to my knowledge. Even with the 3S rigs that have plastic spur there is still a gear sound you hear that is a normal but very different sound from all metal gears.

On that 3S, you will fare better in making both gear mesh metal to metal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back