Outcast General consensus on servo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwblue00

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just for future reference.....whats the best waterproof replacement to the stock steering servo in the outcast? Thanks in advance!

Savox 1210-SG. I mean that's the one....lol
That's what I have in my outcast. Seems to be a pretty good servo. It's the most I've spent on a single servo in my 18 years of RC... or it would have been if I didn't use amazon points to knock $30 off the price. Really great servo for the $54 I paid!

I had to get one for mine immediately because my stock servo died before I made my first turn in my parking lot the night I bought the truck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EENOCDU

Which JX model Dutch213 ? I might need a new servo soon and maybe I can try something cheaper first to test the new HR mount before going with a Savox

Thanks !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190105-021959.png
    Screenshot_20190105-021959.png
    628.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_20190105-022027.png
    Screenshot_20190105-022027.png
    346.5 KB · Views: 153
btw, don't buy from bangood...! It takes a long time to ship and if there is a problem with order you are basically stuck with it...I bought 2 servos a month ago and accidentally ordered 360 degree servos...now i have them and i look at them everyday and feel like an idiot.... Buy from rc juice...they are in the US.

btw, don't buy from bangood...! It takes a long time to ship and if there is a problem with order you are basically stuck with it...I bought 2 servos a month ago and accidentally ordered 360 degree servos...now i have them and i look at them everyday and feel like an idiot.... Buy from rc juice...they are in the US.
Can't you set the end points on the 360's? I don't know myself, but you could probably make it work by making sure they don't go to far on either direction.

you probably can but the servo moves really slow and it doesn't go back to its set point...I installed the damn thing before even realizing it was a 360... when i turn the wheel it just stays there.... that was a bad day...lol

you probably can but the servo moves really slow and it doesn't go back to its set point...I installed the damn thing before even realizing it was a 360... when i turn the wheel it just stays there.... that was a bad day...lol
As @Brewcity414 would say, ah fiddlesticks!

The POWER HD DW-25LV is also a good replacement servo. It's rated 25kg (347 oz/in) at 6.0 volts and drops right in.
The BLX185 BEC is maxed at 6 volts so you don't need an external BEC for the high voltage servo's like the Savox 1210-SG (to get their full potential).
I've been running it for over 2 years in the Kraton and it now sits in the Thypon, had no issues and it's a huge improvement over the stock one.

True, even at 6 volts it's a good servo. But at 7.4 volts it's much stronger and faster, you can really feel the difference when driving the rc.
And it feels wrong, like eating a good steak with a cheap wine ?

Does anyone have a video of the kraton steering working sitting still on the ground? Mine works flawless off the ground but will barely turn when put on the ground. I just burned up a new 25kg servo the first time I used it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back