General discussions - FAST RC boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are a baaaaad boy! :LOL:

I think the red and white one with the wing looks pretty good. The big white one would cost too much to ship, or I would think about it. I could use it in the pool for my cat to sunbathe on. :ROFLMAO: I'm not kidding my cat loves water, I think he would like it. He keeps diving in the shower when I get in. 🤪
Speaking of which... @LibertyMKiii I'd love to buy the large Red/Silverish hydroplane hull if you are willing to part with it. Send me a PM with what you are looking to get for it if you do decide to sell

Speaking of which... @LibertyMKiii I'd love to buy the large Red/Silverish hydroplane hull if you are willing to part with it. Send me a PM with what you are looking to get for it if you do decide to sell
I thought it looked silver but wasn't sure, LOL!

I'd love to sell it to you, but very worried about shipping these larger ones.
I'll shoot you a PM
You are a baaaaad boy! :LOL:

I think the red and white one with the wing looks pretty good. The big white one would cost too much to ship, or I would think about it. I could use it in the pool for my cat to sunbathe on. :ROFLMAO: I'm not kidding my cat loves water, I think he would like it. He keeps diving in the shower when I get in. 🤪
My son going into Kinder this year could certainly ride inside of that one. I didn't realize they made RC boats this large!!!

Got a sale on eBay within 2 days.
Sold this tunnel hull with K&B 3.5 outboard for $250 plus shipping! Already recouped my initial cost and have some profit!!!!!

Tunnel hull Capture.JPG

I have sold a few boats and have some cash now to build out one for my son. After doing lots of reading it was decided that a mono hull will be ideal for using at our local lake.

Let me know your thoughts as RC Boats are a whole new world for me.
This is the proposed setup:

To be ran by my son with a 30mph peak speed. (might restrict it down slower for my kids via the radio throttle limit)
Run on 4s LiPo 6000 mAh
Utilize my TP4070 1700kv 8mm shaft
SeaKing 180a ESC (this looks to be a BLX185 ESC with water cooling should be very reliable as HW ESCs always are)

Debating on 1/4" flex shaft setup or just stick with 3/16"? The end will have to be 3/16 to get the smaller 40mm 1.2 pitch props anyway to make it slow enough as desired. Any advice from experience boaters?

I know most mono hulls are setup with a stinger output, but I believe I will set this one up with an adjustable strut as the boat is already setup in this fashion. A adjustable strut will allow for better vertical adjustments.

Rear Capture.JPG

I have about 7 Rudders and should be able to setup one without issues. I'll also add some turn fins on the back corners.

Why’d I find this thread? 🤣 Now I wanna RC boat!🤷🏻‍♂️

I will warn you it gets expensive pretty fast....

This is my list and you will notice there is nothing listed for the motor, boat, servo, and rudder. Those parts I already have.

$ 14.9540x50mm cooling jacket
$ 34.95Motor mount carbon with provision for esc and servo
$ 29.95TFL Adjustable stinger
$ 15.00TFL collet coupler
$ 26.493/16 shaft flex shaft with 3.125" prop shaft
$ 5.00Brass stuffing tube
$ 6.003/16 drive dog
$ 15.0040mm by 1.2 pitch for 30mph peak on 4s
$ 2.9910-32 Nut prop nut (3 pack)
$ 15.00solder on 8mm bullets to ESC side
$ 129.99SeaKing 180a ESC
$ 17.90Shipping
$ 313.22Total

I will warn you it gets expensive pretty fast....

This is my list and you will notice there is nothing listed for the motor, boat, servo, and rudder. Those parts I already have.

$ 14.9540x50mm cooling jacket
$ 34.95Motor mount carbon with provision for esc and servo
$ 29.95TFL Adjustable stinger
$ 15.00TFL collet coupler
$ 26.493/16 shaft flex shaft with 3.125" prop shaft
$ 5.00Brass stuffing tube
$ 6.003/16 drive dog
$ 15.0040mm by 1.2 pitch for 30mph peak on 4s
$ 2.9910-32 Nut prop nut (3 pack)
$ 15.00solder on 8mm bullets to ESC side
$ 129.99SeaKing 180a ESC
$ 17.90Shipping
$ 313.22Total
No doubt! The whole RC scene is expensive, I’ve got ~$1200 in my most recent build and not done. Gonna be a bada$$ Typhon though!🤞🏼Wanna do a GT build next with my Infraction or Felony. Maybe even buy a Limitless roller. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No doubt! The whole RC scene is expensive, I’ve got ~$1200 in my most recent build and not done. Gonna be a bada$$ Typhon though!🤞🏼Wanna do a GT build next with my Infraction or Felony. Maybe even buy a Limitless roller. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I foolishly thought boats would be cheaper :ROFLMAO:

I have sold a few boats and have some cash now to build out one for my son. After doing lots of reading it was decided that a mono hull will be ideal for using at our local lake.

Let me know your thoughts as RC Boats are a whole new world for me.
This is the proposed setup:

To be ran by my son with a 30mph peak speed. (might restrict it down slower for my kids via the radio throttle limit)
Run on 4s LiPo 6000 mAh
Utilize my TP4070 1700kv 8mm shaft
SeaKing 180a ESC (this looks to be a BLX185 ESC with water cooling should be very reliable as HW ESCs always are)

Debating on 1/4" flex shaft setup or just stick with 3/16"? The end will have to be 3/16 to get the smaller 40mm 1.2 pitch props anyway to make it slow enough as desired. Any advice from experience boaters?

I know most mono hulls are setup with a stinger output, but I believe I will set this one up with an adjustable strut as the boat is already setup in this fashion. A adjustable strut will allow for better vertical adjustments.

View attachment 153924

I have about 7 Rudders and should be able to setup one without issues. I'll also add some turn fins on the back corners.
I think the 3/16 flex shaft would be fine for the setup👍🏼 What size hull is that mono?
I’ve got a bunch of the small stuff I could send you if you want, let me know

Attachments

• 22462FAE-CAFE-4CC7-8A1F-4E7A16A3FAA0.jpeg
    22462FAE-CAFE-4CC7-8A1F-4E7A16A3FAA0.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 5D544292-8286-40F8-A514-978E3A183CD8.jpeg
    5D544292-8286-40F8-A514-978E3A183CD8.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Looking into boats myself. How is the Sonicwake working out? Runtime of 3 min, without upgrades, is not what I would want. Want a self righting though

I think the 3/16 flex shaft would be fine for the setup👍🏼 What size hull is that mono?
I’ve got a bunch of the small stuff I could send you if you want, let me know

I need to take a measurement, but its is in the 37" range I believe off the top of my head.

I appreciate the offer for parts. I'll shoot you a PM.

I need to take a measurement, but its is in the 37" range I believe off the top of my head.

I appreciate the offer for parts. I'll shoot you a PM.
I found a pretty good basic how-to thread on RCU about sizing components for hulls, including cell count, motor kv, etc. Don't forget that prop design/style is also critical, surface vs submerged, pitch ratio, etc.

Y’all need a recovery boat!
EA963E64-25BF-4C72-A336-2DF5BE2DC0A9.jpeg
2733BE9F-C43F-473A-9A8F-F47C4AE71536.jpeg

BFC9D4A4-06AF-41F0-BCCB-83F7E77C7061.jpeg

Has functional water cannons too!! 😎

Back