General discussions - FAST RC boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t met him in person yet, I do plan on meeting up with him in the near future hopefully, life has just been a little hectic but it seems to be letting up on me a little here lately. I’m more than thankful for this hobby or I would have gone crazy by now. I’m in a lot of forums that I just kinda got tired of all the drama in but I will say this is the best rc forum with the best group of people I’ve ever been a part of
Showing up at his road without getting his approval would be like me “hooking” on his corner. 🤣🤣🤣
I would LOVE to meet THE MAN that made me interested in speed running. That’s gotta be a small enough town that two fast RC guys gotta know each other. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤘🏻

I would LOVE to meet THE MAN that made me interested in speed running. That’s gotta be a small enough town that two fast RC guys gotta know each other. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤘🏻
Well… since we’re on that, I’ve got a short list of the ones who have inspired me.
@jondilly1974
@phildogg
@Mr.Duke
@Notorious J
@Edough13
And a bunch more..
The knowledge gained is priceless
Btw you’re the reason this infraction is running my Amex to redline 👍🏼😂

Well… since we’re on that, I’ve got a short list of the ones who have inspired me.
@jondilly1974
@phildogg
@Mr.Duke
@Notorious J
@Edough13
And a bunch more..
I'm glad to hear I have made an impression and been able to help out in any way👊 I definitely have to also say that @jondilly1974 @Notorious J @phildogg @Mr.Duke @LibertyMKiii have been hugely a part of the reason I even considered trying to speed run. Can't say thank you enough also to the same group of awesome fellas for all the help either with suggestions, parts, encouragement and competition to want to do better and push higher. Never expected to go above 120mph 🤣 and we all know that's just not going to happen once you start speed running. Extremely happy to have gotten to 138mph in just my first 7 months of speed running and again I have to give a ton of credit to everyone listed above for all the help and sh!t given to push myself from a whopping 64mph to 138mph which I never planned to even attempt 7 months ago.

Last edited:
I gotta say @phildogg and Brandon @ Innovation RC were my main two influencers early on, but the guy who's been there the whole way with advice has been Francis @LibertyMKiii for me. There are too many others to mention them all, but plenty of others have given me ideas, motivation, and inspiration along the way. If I have ever done anything positive around here, it is just paying the favors forward that I have received. 🤘

I gotta say @phildogg and Brandon @ Innovation RC were my main two influencers early on, but the guy who's been there the whole way with advice has been Francis @LibertyMKiii for me. There are too many others to mention them all, but plenty of others have given me ideas, motivation, and inspiration along the way. If I have ever done anything positive around here, it is just paying the favors forward that I have received. 🤘
Can’t believe I left @LibertyMKiii off there.. he’s another deep well of knowledge and has helped me out along the journey without a doubt!! Forgot to throw @parcou up there too. My short term must be slipping 😂

Last edited:
Can’t believe I left @LibertyMKiii off there.. he’s another deep well of knowledge and has helped me out along the journey without a doubt!!
Same 🤦 I had to edit and add @LibertyMKiii also as he has definitely helped in a lot with his knowledge and experience hand over fist.

@jondilly1974
@phildogg
@Mr.Duke
@Notorious J
@Edough13
And a bunch more..
If what you mean by inspiring is someone who has shown you that going down in a blaze of glory is a good thing, I'm glad I could help🤪

@Speed/267 no Deans in mine, I got the monster edition and it has 8mm bullets.
Cursing myself for mucking up a flexshaft, there goes the maiden run tomorrow.

imagejpeg_1[1].jpg

20210723_231744.jpg

Pretty much every one broke down including my tug :ROFLMAO:. It was a good day though.
No maiden run on the Zonda just yet, I mucked up a flexshaft during assembly :mad:

View attachment 160070
Happens to the best of em’ man.. don’t get discouraged, you guys are having fun and that’s what it’s all about

Got quite a bit done over this past Friday and Saturday to wrap this one up.

Adjusted the lid to fit snug.
Octura X447 prop de-tonged, balanced, and sharpened.
Water cooling lines plumbed
Added some G10 plates to the trim tabs for more surface area (made for a smaller boat most likely)
Pool noodle cut up and inserted inside the hull and a few pieces glued to the canopy lid.
Radio setup completed and bench tested.

Just needs some paint over the epoxy/fiberglass patches that were done, but I'll do that after the first test in case there is other patching that needs to be done.

Areas cut marked and arrows showing the messy casting lines still on the prop prior to working on it:

x447.JPG

Rear tabs Capture.JPG

Thanks again to @Speed/267 for some of these parts!!!

Hoping to get out to the pond or lake one night this week, but never know with the newborn how the evening will go...

Added some G10 plates to the trim tabs for more surface area (made for a smaller boat most likely)
Pool noodle cut up and inserted inside the hull and a few pieces glued to the canopy lid.

Just needs some paint over the epoxy/fiberglass patches that were done, but I'll do that after the first test in case there is other patching that needs to be done.

Areas cut marked and arrows showing the messy casting lines still on the prop prior to working on it:

View attachment 160434

View attachment 160437

Hoping to get out to the pond or lake one night this week, but never know with the newborn how the evening will go...
It's looking really slick! I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

View attachment 160434

View attachment 160437

Looking good brother 👍🏼

View attachment 160434

View attachment 160437

I ran 4 of those tabs on my 36 deep v .. 😂 I couldn’t give you all of em.. 👍🏼😎
You gave me the bug again, btw 👍🙃
6D63C483-A807-4322-9E65-7E6C33143F98.jpeg

Looking good brother 👍🏼

I ran 4 of those tabs on my 36 deep v .. 😂 I couldn’t give you all of em.. 👍🏼😎
You gave me the bug again, btw 👍🙃
Thanks!
No worries, this isn't a show boat. (I used G10 instead of carbon fiber plate)
I may build a nice/clean rig next go around. This is mostly for my son and I to learn on.

That is a sweet looking hull. I have a tendency to get people deeper into the hobby :love:

Britney Spears Reaction GIF

I “was” deep into it, but my wife got tired of seeing boats everywhere and new one’s arriving once a month.🤫
This hydro is gonna be sick though... I don’t understand why she can’t get that😎

Back