Outcast general outcast upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwight Hagler

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
New to the hobby and about to purchase a outcast. Just curious if there are any upgrade recommendations from anyone for bashing.
shocks, spur gear,, etc....
I'll probably run it on 4s for a while so not sure if that changes anything.

Thanks,

Welcome to the hobby and the forum. Upgrades are personal choices and mostly based on budget. Rubber sealed bearings would always be an inexpensive but important first choice. I'm sure many of the forum members will chime in with other great suggestions, so I'll leave you with just the one for now.

RPM A-arms would be a good upgrade in my short experience, but no real need to swap them in until/unless the stock setup breaks.

Get a spare steering servo on hand or replace the stock one right away and keep the stock as a backup. Mine didn't make it to it's first turn before dying a horrible screeching death. Also, replace the steering post bushings with bearings.

I went with RPM arms pretty much out of the gate. A RPM front bumper/skid as well as a t-bone rear skid/wheelie bar. I've done a few other structural upgrades since I got it as I find what bends/breaks.

Set your arm droop screws as well so they don't let the shocks fully extend. There's quite a few threads on alternate shock ends. I went with tekno on the rear and dubro on the front just to see which worked best as I had enough of both to do front and rear, but I wanted to see how they compared. The tekno's are the easiest way to go, you have to buy the balls and ends, but they have held up for many months vs the few weeks before I put them on.

This was one of the fronts after 2 weeks:
2018-0806-ArrmaAR330338-Stretched.jpg.jpg

Dubro 2319 vs arma's:
2018-0806-Dubro2319Monster3mmVsArrmaAR330338-01.jpg

I had to modify the dubro's and add washers so they didn't have a lot of forward/back slop when installed.

Tekno TeknoTKR6140B & TKR5049A vs arma's:
2018-0814-Outcast-ShockEnds-vs-TeknoTKR6140B-TKR5049A.jpg

The Tekno's dropped right in and fit great.

Last edited:
Make sure you set your end points on your steering servo. I own a kraton and an outcast and both my servos needed end points set. Out of the box both servos had excessive throw causing the servo to wind real bad when turning left or right this could cause the servo to go bad fast.

I have replaced the servo in my Outcast with a savox waterproof servo (old servo still worked). Still running stock servo in kraton with about 10 runs on it so far with no issues.

Also your going to want to lock tight the servo saver adjustment screw. On both the kraton and outcast the adjustment screw on mine worked it's way down to the chassis causing the steering to fail. Just put some blue lock tite on the threads and turn the adjustment screw up to your desired height and let it set 24 hours.

Make sure you set your end points on your steering servo. I own a kraton and an outcast and both my servos needed end points set. Out of the box both servos had excessive throw causing the servo to wind real bad when turning left or right this could cause the servo to go bad fast.

I always forget that as I never used the stock transmitter/receiver.

The tekno's are the easiest way to go, you have to buy the balls and ends

any chance we could get the link or part numbers of the above ? Thanks !

Nevermind ! I just saw you did post them: Tekno TeknoTKR6140B & TKR5049A

Thanks !

As for my experience with brand new Notorious, Servo stripped twice with only 4S and very small jumps in the grass. I ordered a HR mount for a last spare stock servo HH sent me. After that I will have to go with a Savox. Let's see how long a stock servo will last with a HR Mount.

- I broke rear rod ends so better rod ends are recommended or spare one to have handy.

- Wing mount got very bent just by doing wheelies and small jumps in the grass, wing mount will eventually be a must as well.

- Front stock bumper is pretty small, RPM or T-Bone offer very nice upgrades for bumpers.

- 3/16 e-clip from home depot for the steering arm popping off issue is also recommended.

- My Steering Step Screw popped off so I had to order new ones and use thread lock to avoid that.

Those are my 2 cents ! Enjoy bashing !

any chance we could get the link or part numbers of the above ? Thanks !

Nevermind ! I just saw you did post them: Tekno TeknoTKR6140B & TKR5049A

Thanks !
Yeah, I put the part number there in the middle of the photo's.

TKR6140B
TKR5049A

Kind of pricey for what they are, but the dubro's weren't much cheaper really and having to add washers to remove slop as well as having to cut them, drill and tap them for 4mm adds to the effort. They were just some I had on hand to try on my revo for pushrod ends, which I don't think I tried yet. The tekno's just go right on and fit nicely.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back