Gens-Ace Imars Dual

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbea

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
Does anyone have any thoughts on this charger? https://www.gensacearespammers.com/...annel-ac200w-dc300w-x2-balance-charger-black/

I know they aren't out in the wild yet, but I have watched a couple of reviews (including one by our own RazorRc) and it looks very promising.

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a HOTA D6+, but am unsure if I should wait another month or so for this charger to be released. I will be using the charger with a RDQ 400w/16.7a/24V DC supply.

Based only on early reviews I think this will be comparable to the D6+ if using a DC supply, so my choice would come down to availability and pricing. No major complaints with my D6+ and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

Link doesn’t work and won’t due to AF autocorrect

Can we do away with this already? I get it, being vindictive is satisfying sometimes, but this mainly serves to inconvenience users who have to find a way to bypass the filter to discuss one of the better and more popular battery and now charger brands.

D6+ is better on AC. I think everyone who has 6s batteries should just buy a D6+ and live happily ever after. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like a good charger. I have the D6+ and have no complaints. With some of these chargers it’s just a rebrand of others. I’m sure gensacearespammers is not getting into the charger manufacturing game. At most they maybe tweak the software and case to make it look unique. Could be a D6+ or pro under the hood……..

Based only on early reviews I think this will be comparable to the D6+ if using a DC supply, so my choice would come down to availability and pricing. No major complaints with my D6+ and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

Can we do away with this already? I get it, being vindictive is satisfying sometimes, but this mainly serves to inconvenience users who have to find a way to bypass the filter to discuss one of the better and more popular battery and now charger brands.

Gens is just a rebrander like Spektrum, Venom, Dynamite, HTRC, Protek ect. They get their lipo cells from the same manufactures as everyone else. Their chargers aren't any better than buying one directly from one of the companies that actually makes the tech that goes into them and often times they are more expensive. Some of them even include gimicky items to entice people into buying them *cough* Spektrum "Smart" Tech which is actually ISDTs Battgo technology that has been rebranded.

There are literally only a handful of companies that make the tech that goes into these chargers Gens is not one of them. ISDT, HOTA and Skyrc are the 3 most common. Nearly every charger available uses the tech from one of these 3 companies. Looking at the layout of that charger I am willing to bet they use ISDT tech.

They may be a popular rebrander but they certainly are far from being one of the better brands. They are towards the bottom end of the spectrum compared to other brands on the market when it comes to their batteries.

Sauce in case you get bored and want to read through 10 years of this guys testing https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons

a15094071-220-All%202021%20LPB%20Results.Jpg

Gens is just a rebrander like Spektrum, Venom, Dynamite, HTRC, Protek ect. They get their lipo cells from the same manufactures as everyone else. Their chargers aren't any better than buying one directly from one of the companies that actually makes the tech that goes into them and often times they are more expensive. Some of them even include gimicky items to entice people into buying them *cough* Spektrum "Smart" Tech which is actually ISDTs Battgo technology that has been rebranded.

There are literally only a handful of companies that make the tech that goes into these chargers Gens is not one of them. ISDT, HOTA and Skyrc are the 3 most common. Nearly every charger available uses the tech from one of these 3 companies. Looking at the layout of that charger I am willing to bet they use ISDT tech.

They may be a popular rebrander but they certainly are far from being one of the better brands. They are towards the bottom end of the spectrum compared to other brands on the market when it comes to their batteries.

Sauce in case you get bored and want to read through 10 years of this guys testing https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons

a15094071-220-All%202021%20LPB%20Results.Jpg

Every accurate thing you wrote here is already known to me and I'm almost certain I have written about the distinction between LiPo cell manufacturers, battery builders, brands and rebrands on here before. This is why I said brands and not manufacturers in my post. They don't usually brand crap; at worst they're middling and at best above average. They're one of the only brands with a well designed hard case 6s pack. I'm also familiar with the thread and the chart which can actually be used as a counter-argument to your claim by pointing out that one of the better batteries wrt all properties at all test loads is a Gens/Tattu R-Line.

I should also note that there are some oversimplifications and biased interpretations in your post. Battery builders may get their cells from the same few cell manufacturers but the process of cell binning means there will be differences in quality depending on how much they're willing to pay to build each unit. This is how you end up with the differences in the data shown in the chart above. It's not necessarily true that buying a charger directly from an OEM is better as the rebranders can still significantly alter functionality via firmware. What is a gimmicky feature to you may be highly useful to some, such as the Smart technology which allows a new user to buy a powerstage bundle with their new car and have everything they need to charge, program self-discharge rate, view usage statistics, and use battery telemetry with their radio/receiver. If you insist there is no real advantage to this under any circumstances then you simply don't understand how most people R/C.

Finally, I have a hard time taking seriously information about batteries coming from someone who spreads dangerous misinformation like this earlier today:

If there was anything wrong with that battery it would have already gone up in smoke..

Read further in the thread for my post and the linked paper refuting this claim.

I wish that chart had Yowoo

All very good info. I actually have one of the gensacearespammers mars 3. It does fine. It nice and portable if I’m traveling. its the way of the world. I’m sure if you look real close many automotive parts are made in the same place if not the exact same part. One thing we have learned is the automotive chips all come from the same spot……and we can’t get them.

I’m sure if you look real close many automotive parts are made in the same place if not the exact same part.

Absolutely true, and the case with most complex/specialized manufacturing. Industries like these trend toward monopolies or oligopolies, because it's expensive and difficult for newcomers to break into them and the downside risk is high.

Another obvious R/C specific example is screws. Buy socket head screws from any R/C brand or in bulk from a supplier and I'll bet they're all stamped YFS and made by Fang Sheng Screw Co. out of Taiwan. The ESC that comes with your car may say Spektrum but it's made by Hobbywing. And so forth.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back