gensacearespammers lipo not holding charge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimePancake

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I've done a quick look through the forum and not found much on this.

I'm currently running 5000mah 50c 3s only run it twice. Charged it up last weekend and today the car only ran for 3 minutes before giving up.

Using a Overlander RC3S balance charger.

Anything obvs I'm doing wrong?

Discharge it back down to 3.4v per cell, then balance charge it back to 4.2v. Then repeat this cycle until all cells are well balanced.

Research proper handling and storage of lipos and educate yourself.

How many volts are the cells showing each?

Tbh, I've kept things simple so the charger doesn't state the volts per cell, guess I'm learning the hard way!

You can’t leave them fully charged for one week. That’ll damage the battery. Storage charge the batteries after every use. Fully charge before use.
Leaving a battery fully charged for a week won't kill the pack instantly like that, it does shorten the overall lifespan of the pack however so it of course is something that you should not do. It takes months at storage to kill the battery.

Thanks for filling me in! Tbh I'm not be to battery storage, but I've not read it yet about storing them in a discharged state. I assumed incorrectly that the cells would collapse if stored flat.

My charger is just that, it doesn't have a discharge mode. Gutted.

Guess it's time to invest in a better one.

Tbh, I've kept things simple so the charger doesn't state the volts per cell, guess I'm learning the hard way!

Yeah you are your pack might have a bad cell but you can't tell individual cell voltages with a basic charger. At least get a lipo alarm one can be had real cheap you will be able to at least read individual cell voltages plus could tell you if you have a cell that may dropping more under load the the others. You could pick up a multi function cell checker also. My gensacearespammers 3s 5000mah pack just recently developed a under performing cell and had to trash the battery. The one bad cell would not hold it's charge like the other two.

Thanks for filling me in! Tbh I'm not be to battery storage, but I've not read it yet about storing them in a discharged state. I assumed incorrectly that the cells would collapse if stored flat.

My charger is just that, it doesn't have a discharge mode. Gutted.

Guess it's time to invest in a better one.
Flat is actually better than fully charged.

And oh god yeah definitely get a better charger. I would start with something @100w.

Yeah you are your pack might have a bad cell but you can't tell individual cell voltages with a basic charger. At least get a lipo alarm one can be had real cheap you will be able to at least read individual cell voltages plus could tell you if you have a cell that may dropping more under load the the others. You could pick up a multi function cell checker also. My gensacearespammers 3s 5000mah pack just recently developed a under performing cell and had to trash the battery. The one bad cell would not hold it's charge like the other two.
I've just been looking at a battery checker. Looks good for the money, tells all the stuff I need like cell voltage up to 8s, cell capacity and all that.

My wife is gonna hate me more than usual ?

I've just been looking at a battery checker. Looks good for the money, tells all the stuff I need like cell voltage up to 8s, cell capacity and all that.

My wife is gonna hate me more than usual ?
Those are nice to have as well.

Been recommended this charger by a friend who's into drones and cars for years. I'm only a light user so should do what I want.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722NGPBS/
I have an 80w rebrand of one of those, the Thunder AC680 I use it for para charging the batteries for minis. At 50w per channel you will struggle to charge a 3s 5000mah with it, 2s 5000mah is about the limit for 1c charging on that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back