Vorteks gensacearespammers Bashing lipo won't fit Vorteks w/ Hot Racing motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubesinhower

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Just picked up an 8000 mah 3S gensacearespammers Bashing lipo, but it won't laying down in my Vorteks with the Hot Racing motor mount. Unfortunately, the fins of the Hot Racing mount stick out enough to get in the way.

It DOES fit if I flip it up on it's side, but it's a pretty tight fit. Are there any downsides to that? Maybe possible battery damage from being pinched in the battery tray?

Does anyone know if the M2C motor mount is the same thickness as the stock motor mount?

Not the preferred orientation if you are jumping.
The cells will deform and that will cause damage over time.
8000 is a bit much, hence your problem. 6000 is about the best compromise. Always, always, ALWAYS check the lipo dimensions before you buy.

Last edited:
Have a pic of your mount? I know of only one, but it's for the 1/8 platform. What you said about pinching applies too. Which is why I made higher CF side and front rails and bolted to the aluminum rails. Then took it further and made it wider to accommodate side by side mounting that lowered my center of gravity.
16499920963911493885891249056569.jpg
16499921344036870787692566088935.jpg
1649992212117826237611897549894.jpg

There’s a plastic block that you can remove in front of the battery right behind the front wheels. There’s also one at the back, behind the battery. Not sure if you have both in.

I bet you’re trying to get longer run time out of the vorteks? Perhaps yours has the issue many others do, the Esc hits LVC and cuts out early. A larger battery may help for a bit But you’ll still run into the same situation at some point. That is definitely a heavy battery pack though and will affect the cars handling somewhat as well as possibly making it more prone to breakage. So if you’re bashing be careful with it, if you’re looking for speed it’ll work for you probably.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back