Vorteks Get Arrma Vorteks now, or keep waiting for new 4s lineup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I just sold my last 6s with all its batteries. My intention has been to get one of the new V2 4s's. But everytime there's a new release I'm like "when are they coming"? I've got plenty of 3s batteries so I'm all set there. So I might just get a Vorteks. Do you guys think there will be a huge difference between the Vorteks and the new 4s other than motor and esc? Figured some forum input might help me. Thanks

Last edited:
I got two Vorteks for my girls and they are a great truck. It depends on what kind of running you do on what kind of terrain, For mixed terrain running and bashing, jumping and such the Vorteks is excellent. If you do more dirt running and racing with your buddies you will want tires with better traction. If you run in areas with really rough terrain the Vorteks stock does not have much ground clearance. Bigger tires will fix that to some degree but then it won’t handle quite so well.

I just sold my last 6s with all its batteries. My intention has been to get one of the new V2 4s's. But everytime there's a new release I'm like "when are they coming"? I've got plenty of 3s batteries so I'm all set there. So I might just get a Vortex. Do you guys think there will be a huge difference between the Vortex and the new 4s other than motor and esc? Figured some forum input might help me. Thanks
Jason said next spring or summer......

After watching a bunch of videos I am almost about to buy a Vorteks. I was initially saving the money for a PS5. But after several months of not even feeling like RCing, and selling my 6s Notorious Im thinking about getting back into it.

Oh yea. Duh. 😆. Loooong day. Why go down? Just curious
At the time really needed the money. But for some reason Ive always had more fun with the smaller ones and mainly because I do a lot of running in front of my house and they are quieter too.

I went ahead and ordered the pink and purple one. Usually would never go for these colors, but I really love that paint scheme!! Here is my initial upgrade/ parts list. As usual I will do a full build thread. Will probably do a lot more, but for now here is what I have so far.

1) Flysky FS-GT5 Radio (Best radio Ive owned, just had to get another one)

2) DS3225 25kg Servo

3) ARAC3974 CVD Slider Set X 2. (Might as well avoid all the headaches of the plastic ones)

4) ARA480017 Body post protectors (Kraton 4s ones. Ive found that these work on anything)

5) ARAC8883 25T Servo saver (Since new servo is 25T)

6) ARAC4024 Center Driveshaft support (Probably not needed, but it was only $6)

7) ARAC3496 Body mount set (for the shock tower end covers)

8) ATF18M02 Hot Racing motor mount

9) ARAC6487 Wheelie bar (Prefer this wheelie bar, love that its adjustable, and seems a bit tougher)

10) ARAC9493 Outcast wheelie bar (For a mod Ive done replacing cheap plastic tires with the 6s ones with bearings too. Smooth wheelies.

Right on. Sounds like u will have a nice rig. I totally get scace and neighbors. I have same issues where I live.

Just my opinion on motor mount....check the new 3s plate. Its 6mm thick. The HR mount isn't any better than stock imho.

Right on. Sounds like u will have a nice rig. I totally get scace and neighbors. I have same issues where I live.

Just my opinion on motor mount....check the new 3s plate. Its 6mm thick. The HR mount isn't any better than stock imho.
Unless they updated the 3s mount in the last 4 months, I bent one on a Vorteks already. Truck is very tough otherwise.

Unless they updated the 3s mount in the last 4 months, I bent one on a Vorteks already. Truck is very tough otherwise.
It's an option part, not factory.

I just sold my last 6s with all its batteries. My intention has been to get one of the new V2 4s's. But everytime there's a new release I'm like "when are they coming"? I've got plenty of 3s batteries so I'm all set there. So I might just get a Vorteks. Do you guys think there will be a huge difference between the Vorteks and the new 4s other than motor and esc? Figured some forum input might help me. Thanks
Get you 1 if these and call it a day🤷🏾‍♂️

20211028_185454.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back