Get the word out!!.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTErene10$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 8s
Big 8s rig owners I want to take a vote on a 4mm outdrive pin option for Kraton/outcast owners. Tired of snapping cvds pins and shafts. Something needs to be done. A product built in the usa besides things from overseas. M2C where are you at? You badgers know what issues I’m talking about it is all over here. Someone get the word out on the products we need to keep our rigs going.

I must be lucky as this hasn't happened to me yet. Maybe my tires being lighter than stock is helping.

Nice! I’ll co-sign. I’ve been trying to get M2C to acknowledge this for some time now to no avail.

As much as I love their products, I believe they’re overkill drive shafts have come up short to being perfect. Although they are quite beefy and do not snap anymore the pins are the Achilles’ heel of the whole piece.

Keeping the drive pin at 3.5 mm was a mistake, they snapped constantly.

For now my solution is to replace the pin set with a grub screw of my own making.

I would really love to see them redesign the Overkill driveshaft with a 4 mm pin and upgraded outdrive cups to match. I think many people are willing to pay a premium for such a product.

As for scorched RC alternative, They look nice but are pricey and titanium isn’t as strong as good old steel, also they’re always out of stock quite frustrating.

B61FC64C-7583-4545-AC55-59C9F7B3AB7A.jpeg

67C9D5CE-5777-4F96-ADD5-07B45CE8DA13.jpeg

2A7B5E6B-ECD9-4427-BCFD-32545A6380AE.jpeg

B6ABFC45-C2CD-428D-A23F-642FC3433B19.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you guys talking about the pin on the drive shaft that is on the tire side?

Nice! I’ll co-sign. I’ve been trying to get M2C to acknowledge this for some time now to no avail.

As much as I love their products, I believe they’re overkill drive shafts have come up short to being perfect. Although they are quite beefy and do not snap anymore the pins are the Achilles’ heel of the whole piece.

Keeping the drive pin at 3.5 mm was a mistake, they snapped constantly.

For now my solution is to replace the pin set with a grub screw of my own making.

I would really love to see them redesign the Overkill driveshaft with a 4 mm pin and upgraded outdrive cups to match. I think many people are willing to pay a premium for such a product.

As for scorched RC alternative, They look nice but are pricey and titanium isn’t as strong as good old steel, also they’re always out of stock quite frustrating.

View attachment 203545

View attachment 203546

View attachment 203547

View attachment 203548
How did you get the remainder of the broken pin out of the shaft? I’ve tried drilling it out, but my bits didn’t make a dent. Tried hammering the pin through but bent the shaft. Next is just to get myself a drill press

Not easy, but you have to hammer them out.

What I do is heat the ball end slightly with a torch, almost until it’s red but not quite. Then I take a sacrificial pin of the same size, clamp it with vice grips and use a palm sledge to beat them out in a bench vise.

We’ll I’m going to make my own. Opening is showing .147 on factory drive cup. Opend it up to .160 or so with a 5/32 dremel stone That’s 5/32 drill bit for reference and a factory cvd. It really isn’t much of a difference. And I have been pressing in and out new pins I have been making on the 3.5 mm factory’s. Hoping this will end this issue.

06A80A79-EA60-4D67-8DC9-93E027FCA5B6.jpeg

E5A1DF67-CC6A-4466-B673-B0472C1D8D4A.jpeg

B9A0ED93-1293-49E2-A5FA-AE9DBA564EE6.jpeg

6BCF2845-4654-4D6A-B6F8-3FB6378FEEF2.jpeg

Not easy, but you have to hammer them out.

What I do is heat the ball end slightly with a torch, almost until it’s red but not quite. Then I take a sacrificial pin of the same size, clamp it with vice grips and use a palm sledge to beat them out in a bench vise.
Sounds fun 😬 I’ll give it a shot. Thanks for the step by step.

Nice, when they don’t listen to us we have to take matters into your own hands. 👍

Are you trying to get a 4mm pin in there?

How are you attempting to press 4mm pin into the 3.5 mm holef on the CVD? I would assume drilling?…. out or something else.

I look at you guys with all these tools and I feel so jelly lol.

Ha, funny. All good, none of them are really that expensive or elaborate. Just do some research to get the proper tools for the job👍

Nice, when they don’t listen to us we have to take matters into your own hands. 👍

Are you trying to get a 4mm pin in there?

How are you attempting to press 4mm pin into the 3.5 mm holef on the CVD? I would assume drilling?…. out or something else.
Yes drill to a 5/32. Should be a tho of press. Will have to see. Need better bits. These shafts are very hard.

Sweet, you know where to get quality 4mm x 20mm dowel pins?

I’ve been looking at these but not sure if they’ll be strong enough.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184084912080
Amazon ones are great for me. They last just as long as stock pins in the 3.5mm. When I pressed them in and out for replacement. Don’t get the stainless ones. I got some coming tomorrow in 4mm so we will see soon.
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Lathe...d_rd_i=B07KY9RQ7K&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_7_sc

This is the pins

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back