Getriebe Granite 2wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buschi

Reaction score
Hallo. Bin neu hier und hab nicht viel Ahnung. Mein Sohn hat ein Granite 2 WD. Außer einem schnarrendem Geräusch passiert nix mehr. Ich denke mal es ist das Getriebe (Zahnausfall). Da es wohl verklebt ist, bekomme ich es nicht geöffnet. Leider kenne ich die Ersatzteilnummer nicht und finde ich keine Teile oder ein Ersatz im Netz. Kann jemand mir weiterhelfen oder hat einen Tipp wo ich mich in Berlin beraten lassen könnte?

hallo Buschi
Ich denke, dass Du Englisch schreiben solltest. Hilft Dir in einem amerikanischen Forum weiter😉
Cheers
Carsten

Hallo. Bin neu hier und hab nicht viel Ahnung. Mein Sohn hat ein Granite 2 WD. Außer einem schnarrendem Geräusch passiert nix mehr. Ich denke mal es ist das Getriebe (Zahnausfall). Da es wohl verklebt ist, bekomme ich es nicht geöffnet. Leider kenne ich die Ersatzteilnummer nicht und finde ich keine Teile oder ein Ersatz im Netz. Kann jemand mir weiterhelfen oder hat einen Tipp wo ich mich in Berlin beraten lassen könnte?
I know a good bit about Voltages since I have three… can you post the question in English? I’m curious lol.

Short translation is that his 2WD is making a grinding noise but won't move. He's assuming that he needs new gears but can't seem to get the gear cover off to access it. Also was curious about part numbers.

Short translation is that his 2WD is making a grinding noise but won't move. He's assuming that he needs new gears but can't seem to get the gear cover off to access it. Also was curious about part numbers.
Ok cool. Were you able to help him?
Most likely it’s a stripped spur gear or even more likely stripped drive cups. I only started stripped out actual differentials once I started upgrading to 3s. If he is running it on 2S or NIMH battery it’s most likely Drive cups.

The drive cups are easiest to check first. They have them at the differential drive post and the wheels. It’s not a bad thing they are plastic because if they’re metal it’s too hard on the differential. The differential gears break inside and even the differential cup post will snap off. Trust me I’ve tried everything. The spur cover is located behind ithe right rear tire and the secured with Phillips head screws. Remove those and you can see the spur gear and pinion.

If all that is fine the only option he has is pretty much completely disassemble the car to look at the interior gear and diff. The idler gear is a large plastic gear that I’ve never seen strip. The differential itself seems to have monkey metal gears inside and I have stripped six when I upgraded two of my voltages to brushless. I locked it once using super glue and it simply snapped off the drive post. So I stick with 2s power and stock drive train.

I tracked it all in one thread under the voltage section. I called it Velo’s learning curve build lol. Even though I moved on to 3S trucks a while back I still love these 2wd things. They just have limitations. Once he figures out what’s broken he can use the schematic you sent him to find part numbers. Good luck and thanks for translating his question for me 😁

Kannst du dass was Velo geschrieben hat übersetzen?

I didn't know this was an American forum. Many thanks for the help. The part numbers will help me. Greetings from Berlin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back