Kraton Gettin my K8 EXB roller buttoned up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrahbee

Send-Flip-Break-Fix-Repeat 🤙🏼
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Infraction 4x4
Got everything back together with new max5 combo…800kv. PPS 8s motor mount worked out beautifully. Checked all three diffs and all four shocks. Installed a 3DRC wing mount. Replaced velcro with straps I got from RC Battery. Gonna give it a rip tomorrow sometime if weather works out. 👌🏼

5B9C57C1-734B-4CAE-A35C-32B58A262022.jpeg

01772C00-822D-4140-B0FC-BD2EE5439BF2.jpeg

EE1FF9AA-04DE-4C26-9B6C-178822D04A3E.jpeg

61C256B8-6D2D-464D-8A6E-D7B843567902.jpeg

4357A799-D9C8-4537-A128-A3D0B43EE0CC.jpeg

C14A2A6A-39F3-4E26-8B74-E0793ABF21D4.jpeg

E0CD9C7B-AF42-4230-B99D-B7AF48BF4B91.jpeg

Been really debating the 8S exb roller on sale right now. Did it not come with a motor mount? And that's a stronger wing mount? I have a few Arrmas already and have been thinking of one of the big scale losi's just to try something new and I'm not a crazy basher anyway... not a big flipper... but this it's such a beast of a truck and pretty good sale. I keep flip flopping.

Been really debating the 8S exb roller on sale right now. Did it not come with a motor mount? And that's a stronger wing mount? I have a few Arrmas already and have been thinking of one of the big scale losi's just to try something new and I'm not a crazy basher anyway... not a big flipper... but this it's such a beast of a truck and pretty good sale. I keep flip flopping.
This is my first "large scale" rc too. It did come with motor mount but I replaced the part that screws to the motor itself. It's built better than the arrma one and accommodates much larger can size. The stock wing mount is one of the first things to go from all the research and videos I've seen. I bash pretty hard so..stay tuned. BTW...if you don't already have a 6s kraton(exb) I highly recommend it!

This is my first "large scale" rc too. It did come with motor mount but I replaced the part that screws to the motor itself. It's built better than the arrma one and accommodates much larger can size. The stock wing mount is one of the first things to go from all the research and videos I've seen. I bash pretty hard so..stay tuned. BTW...if you don't already have a 6s kraton(exb) I highly recommend it!
I do actually have a fireteam 6S that's all up to exb at this point. That's so fast already for me but I've got the disease. And I have a SCX6 1/6 scale crawler that I love so want fast one that size too now. I'll watch your progress.

I do actually have a fireteam 6S that's all up to exb at this point. That's so fast already for me but I've got the disease. And I have a SCX6 1/6 scale crawler that I love so want fast one that size too now. I'll watch your progress.
That SCX6 is no joke size wise! I thought about getting one when they came out. I'm more of a basher but that being said I have a scx24 heavily modded lol...for indoor winter time use. Indulge yourself...get what your heart desires cause you only live once.

IMG-3001.jpg

Great build, the 8s rigs really are a whole different level

This is some good info! I am planning a kraton 8s build, and I was thinking about your motor esc combo. Any regrets? I like that motor mount.... What gearing do you have installed?
Got a few runs in so far so good! I need to play with diff fluids but I'm pretty happy. 39/39 gears...got some more pinions to try out. The weather here is cold right now so not sure what motor temps will be when it's warmer out. I just found out that there is no telemetry for the esc and the app. I bought the bluetooth dongle to use for programming and telemetry, for temps mostly, but only works for programming.

And need a fat wallet to match.:giggle:
Ironically not as fast as a well equipped 6s rig.:unsure:
I dunno man I think both of those things are debatable tbh. Unless you mean up front cost being more? then yea they do cost more than a 6s rig and the electronics cost a little more too but in terms of up keep? I guess it really depends on how bad of a driver you are.

I actually haven't had to fix my 8s rigs that much. It took me 8 months to even open up an 8s diff because I had zero need to. Things been going bad for my poor k8s ever since I installed the castle 2028 motor but before that I went 8 months only having to replace like 2 A arms.

My kraton 6s has been more of a nightmare than my k8s tbh lol. My 8s rigs are also geared to go as fast as most people on this forums 6s rigs. Granted my 6s rigs are faster than my 8s rigs but I bet my 8s rigs definitely as fast or faster than the average person 6s rig.

it really seems like most people around here are happy if their kraton 6s does 50-60 mph and my kraton 8s can do 65-70.

Kraton and Outcast EXB

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back