Getting a Fazon for Christmas! What spares do I need on hand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinTurbo95

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been enjoying reading this forum over the past couple of weeks.

This is my first Arrma vehicle! I hope to really enjoy it. I'm gonna be running both 6s and 4s. I have the T-Bone wheelie bar and front and rear skids under the tree as well. Oh, and some Terrain Crushers to boot!

What are the basic spares that are needed?

Thanks

IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

Here's some of the upgrades I did for mine. I upgraded all the drive shafts to the heavy duty. Upgrade to heavy duty shocks.(Drive shafts and shocks I got on eBay they're from a Big Rock) Definitely find and order a set of dirt guards they really protect the drive shafts from getting chipped from rock and other debris the tires kick up! Click on the vendor section and GKA custom Rec parts. Greg the owner makes some get stuff but you might want to order aluminum rocker arms and I believe he made rocker posts also, they are a common problem and break all the time. The aluminum hubs you see are from hot racing. Maybe pick up a spare servo. Hope this helps you, if not just ask!

You'll want two packs of team associated part no 89077. Rod ends. Stock ones are garbage for how big the truck is and how much air you can get. The fazon and big rock ones are barely better than the original Nero version and still much smaller than the TA ones. I posted a comparison pick on here somewhere. Good choice on the TBone. Just this weekend my friend and I who both have Nero's both crapped on the same jump and landed poopy. I walked away no damage, he sheared his rear cantilever bolt, the shock rod, broke a rod end, lost a bearing, and cracked his right rear axle carriers. TBone rear bumper took all my impact no issues at all. Honestly for me with the upgraded rod ends and the TBone set up its darn durable and super fun.

You'll want two packs of team associated part no 89077. Rod ends. Stock ones are garbage for how big the truck is and how much air you can get. The fazon and big rock ones are barely better than the original Nero version and still much smaller than the TA ones. I posted a comparison pick on here somewhere. Good choice on the TBone. Just this weekend my friend and I who both have Nero's both crapped on the same jump and landed poopy. I walked away no damage, he sheared his rear cantilever bolt, the shock rod, broke a rod end, lost a bearing, and cracked his right rear axle carriers. TBone rear bumper took all my impact no issues at all. Honestly for me with the upgraded rod ends and the TBone set up its darn durable and super fun.
Sweet!

Driveshaft locking pins. http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310556 Broke one in less than 30 seconds on the first run.

ESC died on second run. You might want to check to make sure the ESC fan wiring isn't pinched into the nearby motor bullet connector before you run.

Good luck out there!

Awesome guys! Thanks for the info!

Driveshaft locking pins. http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310556 Broke one in less than 30 seconds on the first run.

ESC died on second run. You might want to check to make sure the ESC fan wiring isn't pinched into the nearby motor bullet connector before you run.

Good luck out there!

I saw your post were you had that issue. I will deff. check it out before first run.

Good call on the driveshaft pins. I picked up a set of pins that I believe are for the Revo and although they're slightly different in length they thread perfectly. Better availability than the arrma pins. It helps save those from breaking if you bash in blast mode instead of wheelie mode even though wheelie mode is epic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back