Getting a very nice Radio for a VERY nice price... AVC, Check. Display? check, ABS? , check, 400 meter range? check! Break the bank? Well not quite..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacSpacey

Reaction score
Hey there all you kind and same minded peeps. (For the mindset referring to the RC hobby in any case)
I am going to try to get my hands on the RadioLink 4GS with a Gyro receiver. The price is very good and for € 49.95 shipping included and with No Extra Costs because you can order one at AliExpress and it will be shipped to you from a European country, or if you prefer a American location if you live in the greatest country on the planet. If you choose correctly, then you make sure that you don't have any extra money stolen out of your pockets. Because here in the Netherlands 21% Tax and €15.- extra costs related to the Customs of this country here. 4 channels not enough for your taste/rhings you wnna hook up?
Then you can go a step further and you can always look into a RadioLink 6GS transmitter with a gyro receiver and then you will get 2 extra channels (6 instead of 4) and the cool thing is that you can mix your channels very easy from what I've seen. You have numerous options with mixing programming and setting up end points, gain etcetera etcetera and it looked very doable on the built-in display. So I can't wait to see it for myself and set it up anyway I see fit. (GIVE ME TOTAL CONTROL!!! FOR I AM YOUR GOD) MWOEHAHAHAAA!! (Oops sorry, my mind went wondering off for a minute there?) You can use a graph to let it give more steering for example in the beginning and then let it gradually become less responsive if you are about halfway, but you can also choose that it wil curve exponentially (begin fast and let it slow down evenly from start to finish. The reason behind buying the 4GS is solely the price, because it is 50 for the 4 channel and almost 73 for tje 6 channel. And because I only have a senton short course without any other features then gas, brake/reverse and steering left + right. The thing I can think that will be really helpful for my beginner level is that it also has an ABS function which is completely programmable to your own taste. (the longevity of the breaking bursts, the percentage of the braking power,how far you need to push the trigger when it becomes active. If you are interested just check their website. Ohh yeah the range on the thing is more then 400 meters and with tje newest receiver it goes up to a whopping 600 meters, on the surface / ground!!! More then half a kilometer range!! Hell you will need a high vantage point and some binoculars if you are that far away from your vehicle. So that's what I wanted to share with all you kind peeps. In about a week or two my Senton 3s will be ready and waiting for me at my local hobbystore, because of the probems with getting it in stock here in the Netherlands. And by the time it's in my possession, my RadioLink 4GS will hopefully also be dropped of by tje postman. So yes, good times are coming!!! ? Ps just for shares. I'm looking into a Rallycross Proto-form body but I need to figure out how to get it to fit on my senton 3s and the only way to do that is having the body plus car here on my work bench and start with puzzling. I hope you guys liked my post and if y'all are interested to see the finalized version of my brand new RC I will post some pictures of my very own Ranton 3s (Rally-Senton) online.
Last but not least STAY HEALTHY and enjoy this wonderful hobby!!
Greetings from the Netherlands
MacSpacey out!!!

I just bid 25,- on an arrma tactic ttx300. I'm curious to know what you guys think about the Radiolink 4GS and the ttx300?

ABS is for nitro trucks with actual physical brakes. Don't use it on an ESC!

The gyro is almost useless. You don't need it on a 4wd SCT anyway.

Range is 300 ish m, I would say. Make sure you stick the rx antenna in a tube as high as practically possible!

Overall I'm happy with the radio but it's cheap for a reason. Hard plastic, sometimes it glitches (very rarely, it could happen with more expensive stuff too), ugly antenna.

Frankly, I prefer the look and feel of the TTX300. But I kinda got used to my TS4g and I can turn down the throttle for my kid so I use that.

I have had the RadioLink 4GS with the Gyro receiver for a little more than a week. I like the features of the transmitter and the gyro is nice.
I have my gyro set to 15%.

My only issue is that the batteries sometimes will push the cover open a little and I have to re-seat the batteries and cover. I'm wondering if this is an issue with other users or just mine.

Yup, I have a RC4g and TS4g (rebrand off Hobbyking) and use velcro straps around the bottom end of the TXs...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back