Kraton Getting back into the RC World. 6s battery and charger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Mayhem

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Been out of the RC game for about 12 years or more. My last one was an emaxx that I converted to brushless before you could buy them already brushless. I’ve found plenty of threads about chargers and batteries but I feel a bit overwhelmed with so many options. Can someone recommend a solid 6s setup that will plug right up with no mods? I assume it’s two 3s batteries? Looks like 5000mah Ish is recommenced so there’s no overheating. I’d like one charger that will charge two batteries at once. I don’t want bottom of the barrel stuff but I don’t need compete top of the line. Just middle of the road.

thanks in advance.

There are a ludicrous amount of options. I've been using an HTRC C240 Duo charger and a menagerie of batterys, HRB, Ovonic, SMC, Goldbat. Has all been reliable for me. There's a good chance you'll need to switch the battery to EC5 connectors.

Like CrashBoom I use 3 of THESE chargers.

I didn't buy all 3 at one time mind you.

I also picked up THESE lipos. For the price it was a good deal. I also have a kraton 6s.

Have fun!

If you're referring to the vehicle, you can run either 2x3S or 1x6S. I usually run 2x3S with the thought being if a cell goes bad, it costs half as much to replace.

I have many chargers. Been happy with the Hota D6 pro. You get the most out of the charger with a 24v power supply as opposed to using AC power and plugging it straight into your wall. That actually goes for most chargers nowadays.

For battery brands, I've been happy with SMC and gensacearespammers. I also like roaring top. I mostly use those in my airplane but good quality.

I used the venom duo as well. Worked well and never had an issue. I actually just sold it with a truck I was selling. It was my only charger and the truck buyer offered $100 for it. He knew it was like $110 new but he didn’t want to wait for delivery. Im gonna get the new spektrum charger this weekend. A bit overpriced but I really like the easy plug and push start charging it offers. Not that I need help charging but it’s great for my son being self sufficient to charge his 3s packs for his truck.
As for batteries I have a few power hobby packs 3s 5200 75c. You can get them pretty cheap. I have one spektrum pack works very well and I have a beast Venom 4s 6300 70c pack thats awesome. I got it with a twice run Typhon 6s I just bought. It has crazy power and long run times. I would probably never buy one though because there like $125 which is nuts.
Search Hota on the forum if you're interested. I love mine. Best value and software like ISDT.
The new spektrum charger is basically a HOTA clone with the smart technology

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back