Getting better with the Cricut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Starting to get this cricut thing down. Right now the most difficult part is weeding. All the little bits and pieces in this one made it very difficult. It looks good though and I am happy 😃

A396DEF7-028A-40D6-8AC1-6D68C9789CD2.jpeg

C7AE0B4F-357F-4227-A224-BC2264AF813A.jpeg

F32790F5-C786-4176-8F17-3396429864A8.jpeg

F25405C4-F5A2-4CB2-8CDC-1CC5E8BC5BA9.jpeg

A6FA70AE-A618-415E-925D-B13DDB8714B8.jpeg

Did you hand weed all of that to transfer tape?
Yup. The tiny compass drove me nuts but I took my time and did it 99.5% perfect lol. The skinny letters were a pain also. Hell all of it sucked to weed 🤣

Should see the shirts my wife’s making for the kid! We got a large flat press and it’s freaking great. Got shirt stock in today for doing ones for me.

I listen to a lot of Jimi Hendrix and I think it rubs off on my wife 🤣 she makes up the shirt Themes. This was yesterday‘s project.

20F60E57-5336-47B2-99FF-46AAE041377D.jpeg

Gf told me she would kill me if I ever ask for one of the Calvin's again. Took her HOURS to do 3 of the small ones for my RCs. But took less than 10 minutes to do the one for my 1.1 truck
Screenshot_20210928-013613_Gallery.jpg
16479962053397687490532222496359.jpg

I tried to save the relationship by telling her to forget it but *luckily* she is as stubborn as me. You know what they say about the Dutch; wooden shoes, wooden head, wooden listen.....lol

Gf told me she would kill me if I ever ask for one of the Calvin's again. Took her HOURS to do 3 of the small ones for my RCs. But took less than 10 minutes to do the one for my 1.1 truck View attachment 208012View attachment 208013
I tried to save the relationship by telling her to forget it but *luckily* she is as stubborn as me. You know what they say about the Dutch; wooden shoes, wooden head, wooden listen.....lol
That’s great! You need to get on that and weed the stuff yourself though. Once you get used to it it’s not so bad, just got to go very slow and patient. it’s one hell of a lesson in patience.

I’m working on getting down the program and machine now so I can start putting my own stuff together. We also Got a color printer so we can start doing stuff in color.
I have… ideas 😃

I do a lot of decals at work, some suck to weed, some don't, I actually kind of enjoy it, but some materials are a real bugger to work with.

I do a lot of decals at work, some suck to weed, some don't, I actually kind of enjoy it, but some materials are a real bugger to work with.

Like WHITE decals on a White backing......

That’s great! You need to get on that and weed the stuff yourself though. Once you get used to it it’s not so bad, just got to go very slow and patient. it’s one hell of a lesson in patience.

I’m working on getting down the program and machine now so I can start putting my own stuff together. We also Got a color printer so we can start doing stuff in color.
I have… ideas 😃
I really haven't the patience for it. Plus it
involves some computery stuff. I'm not hopeless, I CAN turn a computer on. But I spent most of my life gaining practical knowledge. So when the Zombie Apocalypse finally hits, nobody will find me wandering aimlessly holding my phone to the air desperately looking for a wifi signal so I can Google what to do lol. Besides, I believe she does it just so I can't say she is all negative about my hobby.

I really haven't the patience for it. Plus it
involves some computery stuff. I'm not hopeless, I CAN turn a computer on. But I spent most of my life gaining practical knowledge. So when the Zombie Apocalypse finally hits, nobody will find me wandering aimlessly holding my phone to the air desperately looking for a wifi signal so I can Google what to do lol. Besides, I believe she does it just so I can't say she is all negative about my hobby.
Yup, that’s me much of my life. Lately though I’ve been wandering away from my comfort zone and rather like it.

My step daughter asked me if she could try weeding a small extra compass I had. I warned her it was hard, but then she did it better then me with her little fingers and 9 year old eyes…🤣

Yup. The tiny compass drove me nuts but I took my time and did it 99.5% perfect lol. The skinny letters were a pain also. Hell all of it sucked to weed 🤣

Should see the shirts my wife’s making for the kid! We got a large flat press and it’s freaking great. Got shirt stock in today for doing ones for me.

I listen to a lot of Jimi Hendrix and I think it rubs off on my wife 🤣 she makes up the shirt Themes. This was yesterday‘s project.

View attachment 208011

My step daughter asked me if she could try weeding a small extra compass I had. I warned her it was hard, but then she did it better then me with her little fingers and 9 year old eyes…🤣
I have a trick that's cuts weeding time more than half,if you want to hear it,you guys are having fun,so I don't want to spoil it🤙🏾

I have a trick that's cuts weeding time more than half,if you want to hear it,you guys are having fun,so I don't want to spoil it🤙🏾
Yes I want to hear it!! It’s not that much fun after all🤣😜

The first picture you posted of the design,#1WEED OFF UNWANTED PARTS OF DESIGN
#2 LEAVE LOGO
#3 PEEL OFF TRANSFER PAPER TO REVEAL STICKY SIDE
#4 APPLY STICKY SIDE DOWN ON LOGO
# 5 SMOOTH OUT WITH YOU ROLLER
#6 PEEL TRANSFER PAPER UP AND LOGO COMES OFF WITH IT
#7 APPLY TO PROJECT
#8 SMOOTH OUT
#9 PEEL OFF TRANSFER PAPER LOGO REMAINS
#10 FINISHED 🤙🏾

The first picture you posted of the design,#1WEED OFF UNWANTED PARTS OF DESIGN
#2 LEAVE LOGO
#3 PEEL OFF TRANSFER PAPER TO REVEAL STICKY SIDE
#4 APPLY STICKY SIDE DOWN ON LOGO
# 5 SMOOTH OUT WITH YOU ROLLER
#6 PEEL TRANSFER PAPER UP AND LOGO COMES OFF WITH IT
#7 APPLY TO PROJECT
#8 SMOOTH OUT
#9 PEEL OFF TRANSFER PAPER LOGO REMAINS
#10 FINISHED 🤙🏾
We will try that!! Thanks buddy!!

And if you want to paint logo from inside,,,,,reverse logo in software, cut and apply the logo the same way, paint base over logo dry base,then peel off logo and paint logo any color🤙🏾
Yeah I’m working towards that lol. Getting there slowly 🙃

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back