Getting into speedruns 1/10 0.8 mod gear options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Getting into speed runs.got the truck,power,tires,try to research gearing options cant find much above 26t pinion,what's the smallest spur available?? This is all new to me so any advice would be appreciated.do locked diffs help?wanna at least break 100mph.wish I could CNC some custom gears.wish I could go to mod1 gears somehow or different pitch with more options.i wish I WISH I WISH.i wanna SEND ER TO THA MOON

I swapped to mod 1.0 gears on my Typhon in order to get more options. Way more to choose from there.

What spur do u use ?anything special to mount on slipper,octagon slipper pad Acceptable?
It’s not easy. The slipper hub has a 10mm bore. You won’t find 10mm bore spur gears. I have been buying 11mm bore spurs from IslandHobbyNut and drilling them out to 12mm and pressing in a 10mm x 12mm bushing from Amazon. However, when you get down to below 34T spurs, the hub plates are now a larger diameter than the spur. Getting it all aligned and get the pinion on in place is not easy to do. It takes me quite a while to get it all in and aligned. Not for someone that doesn’t have the patience and determination to do it.

Patience. I don't have any of that either.do you prefer mega adjustable motor mount or buck up for hot racing mount. I'll probably run the 0.8 gears first before trying ...1 mod mod.get a baseline speed first then go faster. Do you get more speed out of going after a bigger pinion or going after a smaller spur.or both.is 1to 1 tall as can go.29t pinion and 29t spur? . What about going bigger pinion gear in the front and rear diff that help thank stock is like a 13 tooth.so many questions. I appreciate your help and info.

Patience. I don't have any of that either.do you prefer mega adjustable motor mount or buck up for hot racing mount. I'll probably run the 0.8 gears first before trying ...1 mod mod.get a baseline speed first then go faster. Do you get more speed out of going after a bigger pinion or going after a smaller spur.or both.is 1to 1 tall as can go.29t pinion and 29t spur? . What about going bigger pinion gear in the front and rear diff that help thank stock is like a 13 tooth.so many questions. I appreciate your help and info.
I have the HR and BLX adjustable motor mounts and they are pretty much the same. Go with the one you can get. Hard to find at times.

As far as gearing, it’s all about final ratio and less about which you change. That said, there are space limits involved, so you won’t be able to keep increasing one without reducing the other. In the end, a 50/50T setup is the same ratio as a 29/29T setup. The 29/29T setup will have less rotating mass for the motor to spin, so theoretically it may be faster, but I don’t have a way to prove that one way or another.

I would highly recommend the 6S line if you want a much more simple path to speed running. The 3S power module is very limiting unless you have time and fabrication skills, which I’m slowly trying to learn myself. Lots of guys here have way more skills than me and have helped me along. I don’t want to burden them by putting them on blast, but they know who they are and they are awesome for helping me along the way. ????✌?✌?

I'm going with 1/10 cause by the time I setup 1/8 scar it'll be over 1000$ ride.i'll most likely end up in a fiery CRASH in the end.i'd be afraid to lose control of an 1/8 car at over 100.my senton will be the platform,my Pb is 60mph on stock setup with 20t.with senton body it would leave leave ground at 52+ mph.big rock body got it to 60.now I can up to 6s.on 4s with senton body front end starts coming up at 3/4 throttle. With added weigh of 2× batterys an huge motor it should start parachuting at a higher speed than 52. I'm not strapping my phone to the car no more got to wait on speedometer an grip tires to come in the mail to see a baseline speed she's hitting now.ill try 4s-5s-6s with 2000kv,26t,HR 57t spur on gpm tires.then start playing with gearing. Going to start a 1/10 high speed thread soon.see if we can't get a. Competition going you should get in on it we can all push each other to go faster and faster.$$$$$$$$ limited by wife.
I'm going with 1/10 cause by the time I setup 1/8 scar it'll be over 1000$ ride.i'll most likely end up in a fiery CRASH in the end.i'd be afraid to lose control of an 1/8 car at over 100.my senton will be the platform,my Pb is 60mph on stock setup with 20t.with senton body it would leave leave ground at 52+ mph.big rock body got it to 60.now I can up to 6s.on 4s with senton body front end starts coming up at 3/4 throttle. With added weigh of 2× batterys an huge motor it should start parachuting at a higher speed than 52. I'm not strapping my phone to the car no more got to wait on speedometer an grip tires to come in the mail to see a baseline speed she's hitting now.ill try 4s-5s-6s with 2000kv,26t,HR 57t spur on gpm tires.then start playing with gearing. Going to start a 1/10 high speed thread soon.see if we can't get a. Competition going you should get in on it we can all push each other to go faster and faster.$$$$$$$$ limited by wife.
What's a good speedometer to buy.was looking but haven't ordered yet

A 1/10 scale car going 60 miles an hour is pretty impressive to see. You tell people the car is running 60 and there like cool but a 1/10 car running 60 looks like it's running 160. so if you do the scale equation at 60 mph would that be like a regular car going 600 miles an hour???? An out-of-control 1/10 scale car going 60 miles an hours going to go 75 ft at least before it stops so that's another reason I don't want to go to 1/8 cuz got to be careful doing this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back