Granite Getting my dad a granite, other than outdrive cups any other spares i should send? Batt ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt02

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Alright was down in Mexico with my brother in law playing with the trucks and my dad came out and drove one and he's made comments before too about getting one so I'm looking at getting him the granite voltage since he probably wont get too crazy or even use it much without one of us being down there.

Anyways that's the common parts to break?

Looks like outdrives but anything else?
And on the batteries I'm just going to grab a handful of cells to just the factory box. Do they have to be the flat top or NOT be the flat top cells.

I might find this stuff out myself by searching but it's getting close to the date and I need to get it ordered.

I've upgraded mine to brushless, and even with the added power, the only think i've busted were those outcups, so i think these will be enough.

The supplied batteries are not flat top, they are button type.

Cool thanks, exactly what I needed. The one he was using was an ecx amp 2wd "MT" (I think it's really more of a stadium truck) with a racerstar $30 brushless combo on 2s so it was no rocket ship but was definitely faster than this granite will be. It also had sand paws on it but I'm thinking about leaving the granite tires and not throwing on paddles to keep traction down even more and keep stress off of those cups. He probably won't go to the loose sand/beach much anyways if at all.

If it wasn't that 3in1 rx deal I was thinking I'd throw in one of those cheap brushless setups since I keep a few NIB setups in my toolbox but I think brushed with 6 cells he'll have enough speed and runtime to keep him happy, he hasn't even ever used anything on 3s in his life so he won't feel like he's missing out.

Thought about that, just think the granite looks cooler and think the wider tires might help more in the loose dirt/sand but the actual tread pattern of the fazon seems like it might do well with those bars across the tread... I think I'll give the granite a shot though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back