Typhon Getting ready to Truggify my Typhon 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1RHE1R

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I broke one of the rear hubs on my typhon 6S V4 (pic attached) and figured I would take the opportunity to truggify it. With the Kratton hubs not easily available I decided to use hot racing kratton hubs for the process. I ordered a bunch of stuff the other day and this is what i have coming in. Please let me know if I am missing something or any other recommendations:

1. Hot Racing AO221M01 - Front aluminum steering blocks for Kraton
2. Hot Racing AON22M01 - Rear aluminum rear hubs
3. ARRMA AR310591 Kraton Rear Wheel Axle
4. ARRMA AR310590 Kraton Front Wheel Axle
5. ARRMA AR310484 Kraton Hexes
6. All new bearings from Fast Edys's (figure I upgrade the bearings while I am at it)

Thoughts...anything missing, recommendations, suggestions. Thank you.
IMG_4185.jpeg

JRC usually has the hubs in stock.
Could be cheaper to buy the hubs and complete driveshafts from a chop shop than individual parts.
Driveshafts
Hubs

I thought I needed Kratton V4 parts for the process. The links you sent over are for the Outcast. One JennysRC site the Kratton stuff showed out of stock and Outcast stuff there. Is it the same but they are differentiating because it came out of different model.

As far as axles and hubs are concerned, Kraton and Outcast/Notorious share the same parts.
Good to know. If I swap out the wheel axles do I still need to swap out the driveshafts? From what I saw on youtube a lot of guys were just swapping out the axles and not the driveshafts. I already ordered the axles themselves separately because I thought the ones I needed (kratton ones) were out of stock.

Sorry for so many questions. First Arrma and have been out of RC for a long time.

The Typhon driveshafts and arms are shorter than Kraton/Outcast/Notorious. So you'll need to replace those front and back as well.

The Typhon driveshafts and arms are shorter than Kraton/Outcast/Notorious. So you'll need to replace those front and back as well.
In this youtube video no mention of changing driveshafts. What am I missing.

Good to know. If I swap out the wheel axles do I still need to swap out the driveshafts? From what I saw on youtube a lot of guys were just swapping out the axles and not the driveshafts. I already ordered the axles themselves separately because I thought the ones I needed (kratton ones) were out of stock.

Sorry for so many questions. First Arrma and have been out of RC for a long time.

If you keep the Typhon A-arms, then you also keep the Typhon dogbones / drive-shafts. You would only change the axles (AR310590 and AR310591).

The complete set from JRC is 39$.
AR310590 and AR310591 are 19$ each (at least on horizonhobby.com) so the JRC set may still be cheaper.

If you keep the Typhon A-arms, then you also keep the Typhon dogbones / drive-shafts. You would only change the axles (AR310590 and AR310591).

The complete set from JRC is 39$.
AR310590 and AR310591 are 19$ each (at least on horizonhobby.com) so the JRC set may still be cheaper.
Agreed..I ordered the JRC set and just not use the drive shafts...and if I ever decide to run 3.8 I have them ready to go.

For a second there I thought I had totally missed on the parts list.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back